Chapter 9: Fear

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." -Henry Ford

Antonio POV

I was in a very dreamless sleep only to be awoken by a sound I wished I would never have to hear. The sound of my one and only daughter, my world, my principessa, screaming bloody murder. 

I shot out of my bed and grabbed my gun out of my nightstand. I ran out of my door, gun in hand, only to see all of my sons doing the same. We all ran to Isabella's room to see Ilias already standing over his sister's bed shaking and crying.

I look down at her bed only to see Isabella thrashing around in her sleep. Crying an uncontrollable amount while gasping for air. What in the hell kind of nightmare could do this? Me and all my sons (except Ilias) were standing there in shock at the sight before us. 

"What are you all doing? Help her!" Ilias screams with tears beginning to run down his cheeks. Alessandro and Theodore quickly rush towards Isabella and start making attempts to wake her up. I want to move but my limbs feel like they're glued to the spot I'm standing in. I glance between my distraught baby boy and my screaming baby girl. My heart feels like it's breaking.

A crying Mateo and an unusually quiet Ricardo fast walk over to a still distraught Ilias to try and comfort him. While Mateo pulls him into a hug, Ricardo has the job of holding Ilias's hand and whispering sweet words to him. 

As Ilias's cries start quieting down, I feel as if I can breathe again with at least one of my twins no longer crying uncontrollably. I find the strength to move and walk over to Isabella who is still thrashing and crying in her sleep. I gently tapped Theodore on his shoulder, he knew instantly to get out of my way.

I slowly sat down on the bed. Once I was settled on the bed, I picked up the screaming Isabella in my arms with all her brothers watching my every move. I do my best to soothe her. I whisper all the reasons as to why I love her in her ear. 

I rock her like I did when she was nothing but a little baby, who was new to the world with nothing but innocence in her and Ilias's precious minds.

Eventually her cries turned into barely audible whimpers. Soon enough I felt her cuddle into me further, at that Ricardo left the now silent Ilias in Mateo's arms and decided to hover over me to get a better look at his sorellina. I see her precious blue eyes, that are exactly like Abbi's, slowly open. 

When they first opened the look, I saw in her eyes scared the shit out of me. I never wanted to see it in any of my children's eyes, especially not my bimbas. Fear. It was all that swam in her eyes. Until she looked up and her beautiful blue eyes locked with my dark brown ones. (baby girl)

The fear immediately left her eyes as her body visibly relaxed. Silence soon fell over the room. It was deafening. 

After 5 straight minutes of nothing but silence Theodore spoke in a harsh tone, "What the fuck was that." His jaw was clenched to the point it looked like it was going to crack under the pressure. His fists were clenched so hard that his knuckles were turning white. But that was all nothing compared to the amount of rage that was evident in his eyes. I, along with anyone else in the room, knew that he was itching to kill someone.

I turned my attention back to Isabella only to see her yawning and still shaking. I glanced over at the clock in her room only to see it was 1:47am. 

"W-what are you do-doing?" she whispers so that only I can hear. 

"Shh, just go back to sleep, neonata." I try to soothe her back to sleep. (baby)

After 30 minutes She finally goes back to sleep. "What the fuck dad we need answers. Unless there's something you know that we don't" Theodore whisper-yells.