81. Unfinished conversations

081

081

Jungkook was already standing outside of his apartment complex, idling for Devora's arrival by an empty curb.

She wasn't supposed to even be going over his house that night, albeit, she couldn't overpower that overwhelming sense of comfort that palpated in her chest when she saw him waiting for her.

Devora parked her car, grabbing all her essentials, and tossing her purse over her right shoulder.

She took a deep and composing breath in, capturing all her apprehension in one gust, and emitting it into the frigid climate standing outside.

She plastered on a flimsy smile, walking over to the curb where Jungkook remained.

How furtively buoyant she was that he walked out of his apartment, not allowing her to walk alone in a rather unfamiliar area.

She forced her eyes away from his, ignoring his perforating onslaught gaze.

"Are you okay?" Was the first question he asked as soon as he saw her.

He watched as she kept her arms encircled around her smaller figure, her shoulders surreptitiously shaking, eyes roaming the streets — high on alert.

A black button-up with sleeves, and an appropriate-looking black skirt.

It's no wonder she was shivering. Jungkook could practically hear her teeth clatter together, pelted by the cold winds.

She concealed her still raw and haggard emotions. "Yeah, I think so."

He removed his zip-up sweater, ready to hand it to her. "Here, it's cold out tonight, you should be wearing this."

If it were a normal day, Devora would just cuddle up close to his naturally warm body. But, she wouldn't allow herself to do that tonight.

So, she accepted his courteous offer, donning his fleece sweater.

The entire way to his apartment held no communication, her clicking heels was the lone sound that kept things from being completely silent.

It wasn't that standard comforting silence either, this silence was so different.

There were still countless words that remained unsaid between the two of them, and that's what kept them from having a normal discussion.

Jungkook unlocked his apartment, opening and holding the door for Devora.

She tried to keep her eyes from wandering his apartment — not wanting to be reminded of all the memories they created there, as a connected couple.