12

AN: hi wattpad was being wack last night and didn't tell people I updated so if you haven't read the last chapter pls do i think it's so cute. ok bye.

River's pov

I get to his room and he's laying down on his bed on his phone. I stand at his doorway not knowing if he wanted me to come in or not. "Hey do you wanna go hangout with everyone?" I ask.

"Not really." He replies without looking up from his phone.

"Why not?" I ask.

He sighs, "I don't know"

Maybe I did something to piss him off. I don't know though, he had a pretty rough night yesterday and he's running on barely any sleep. "You doing ok?" I ask.

He looks up from his phone and at me, "Yeah, I'm fine. I don't know how to explain it."

"Do you wanna try?" I ask hoping he'll open up to me.

He doesn't answer right away but I give him time to think about whatever he's thinking about. "It's like everything's fine but after I do anything with people for too long, I just feel tired but like not tired, I don't know." He says.

I know exactly what he means. "Your social battery is dead."

"Yes exactly."

"I get it." I say leaning off of the doorframe. "I'll let you do your thing then."

I was about to walk away to give him some space but he stops me. "No wait, you can stay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He says patting the bed. I close the door behind me and climb into bed. His back is against the wall so he's facing the desk. I stay towards the bottom half of the bed and prop my back up against the wall so I'm facing the door.

We've been sitting here for about a half an hour not talking. I don't mind though, it's not awkward silence, it's comfortable. I hear a knock at the door and hear a "It's Jordan." Chris says she can come in so she does. She lays down to my left and puts her head in my lap with her legs draping across the couch.

"Matts in the shower and Nick went to a friends house so I decided to come bother you two." She says.

"If that's the case then why aren't you with him?" I ask.

"In the shower?"

I give her a smirk as my response. "Gross." Chris says in slight disgust.

"Wowww, you know it's not like that." Jordan says knowing damn well it is like that.

"Mhm." I hum out. "No seriously though, how's it going?"

"Good, yeah. We're still getting to know each other but so far so good."

"Stop I'll geek." I say covering my mouth with my hand.

"Has Will reached out to you at all?" I still haven't fully told her what happened last night.

"No. I'm actually really glad though, I think that would just make things harder." It's true.

"You still haven't gone into detail about how it went."

"Like I told you, I just told him that I knew what happened and we broke up." I say simply. I really don't want to get into it right now.

"Nah, it never goes down that easy with him."

I give her a look that says 'I'll tell you later.'

In perfect timing Matt walks in. Thank god for him. The more Jordan and I talk about it the more likely it is for Chris to ask me about it later. "Did I miss something?" Matt asks.