43

Friday night.

"Why are we meeting him now?" James asked his sister. "We should be eating dinner"

"I didn't choose the time James." She shrugged.

"He better supply food." James huffed crossing his arms as they reached the griffin.

"Sugar quills." She said before the griffin began to move into a staid case. The two siblings stepped on the stairs, and they carried them to the office.

"Hello potters." Dumbledore said greeting the siblings. "Now I bet you're wondering why I called you here, James you're probably more curious than Arabella."

"Yea, is there any food?" James asked.

"James!" Arabella scolded.

Dumbledore let out a chuckle before pointing to a table of food he had laid out for the siblings.

"Yes!" James cheered before rushing over to the table and making himself a plate.

"James-"

"Go ahead Ms. Potter, you must be hungry as well." Dumbledore said.

She walked over hesitantly, she wanted to know how Dumbledore was going to help her. But her hunger overtook her once she saw the pile of mash potatoes and chicken.

"Fine." She sighed as she reached the table and began to make a plate.

The two siblings ate for a few minutes before joint Dumbledore at his desk. "Now, I've done a lot of thinking, you can tell your brother." Dumbledore said to Arabella.

She looked at him shocked, she could finally tell her brother. "I'm sorry tell me what?" James asked curiously.

"I'm afraid Arabella has been keeping something from you. Now before you think on that, just know it's not her fault. It was all mine; I forbid her from telling anyone."

"Ok, but that can't be true cause Arabella tells me everything." James said with a smile. "Right Bella?" He said turning to her. She had a shocked look still on her face, "Bella?"

"I couldn't tell you James, but I can now." She said with a smile. "Are you sure professor."

"Absolutely." He smiled at her which only made her smile bigger.

"Ok, James you got to keep an open mind, ok?" She said turning back to her brother.

"You're dating Remus, aren't you?" He spoke. 

She looked at him flabbergasted. "What?" she laughed. "No why would you think that?"

"I Dunno, you keep disappearing for hours, so I just assumed after Halloween you started dating." He shrugged.

"No, I'm no- Dumbledore wouldn't have forbidden me from telling you that James."

"Fair enough, ok what is it?" He leaned in curiously.

"Just don't freak out or anything ok?" She said holding out her pinky, "Pinky promise."

He held his pink out and latched it with hers, "Pinky promise."

She smiled. "Can I-" she said turning to Dumbledore, glancing at the objects on his desk.

"Yes, but please don't make a mess. Minnie would not be happy."

She laughed again, "I'll try my best not to." She focused on the objects and began to make them float. Red energy floated around the objects in the air, Arabella glanced at James. His jaw was dropped, and his eyes were wide. A squeaking kind of sound was coming from his mouth as he watched the objects float with red energy around them. He slowly turned to his sister whose hands were glowing red as well as her eyes.

He tried to say something but found it impossible. Until moments later he founds his voice again, "How- how did you just- how long have-" He stuttered.

"A few months now." She said shyly, scared that he might think differently of her or possibly be scared.

"Bella this is so cool!" He said bringing her into a bone crushing hug. "Is that all you can do or-"

"Uh I can also like read minds or something and like... project into others."

"Thats so cool!" He said letting her go. "What number am I thinking of right now, go!" He said watching her eagerly.

"Banana." She spoke.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed. "So, you like, know everything happening?"

"I guess so, if I want to, I do." She shrugged.

"Is that all? Cause this is so cool." He said with a large smile.

She couldn't help but smile back. He wasn't scared of her, and he didn't freak out too bad. He still loved her, and that's all she wanted. "Uh, I figured out I can teleport, and I found a way to fly. Dumbledore says that I will gain more abilities in time, but I'm not really sure what they are. Neither is he."

Dumbledore nodded. "Now that everything in sort of explained, I have to leave." He said standing. "You two may stay here as long as you need, eat all the food you want"

He left the office swiftly making his way back into the Great Hall.

"You can really do all that?" He asked with a smile. "You couldn't tell me? That must have been hard. I mean, we tell each other everything."

"Yea, it's been difficult hiding it from everyone." She sighed. "Especially if I get angry or upset it's hard to control everything. Like, when I get upset or sad, I can't block out people's thoughts and I can just hear everyone's thoughts at once. Then if I get angry, it's hard to control this." She said showing a little bit of her red energy.

"I'm sorry Bella." He said giving her a sympathetic look. "Well now you have me, and I'll always be here for you." He said hugging her again.

"I love you, James."

"I love you too Bella." He said pulling out of the hug. "So, you're not dating Remus?"

"Oh my god, no." She laughed.

"Thank you for telling me, and I'm sorry you can't tell anyone else."

"It's alright, I'll be able to control it soon."

"I bet you will."