Chapter 51- Pain

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Amara Calvetti

Cold metal pierces my skin, the pain rushing through my entire body. It makes everything go weak. When I move only an inch it feels like someone is peeling off the limbs from my bones while trying to keep me alive with everything they have. My breath is loud and ragged while I have to fight for the oxygen I so desperately need. I try to slowly open my eyes, not understanding what is happening but I am not strong enough.

I am not strong enough to move.

I am not strong enough to think.

Even my eyelids seem to be too weak, my heartbeat beating in my ear.

I try to grab onto something, I try to feel with my hands... just anything. Anything that could help me to remember, that will tell me where I am. I use my sense of hearing to perceive the quietest sounds because I can make anything I hear my advantage.
There are only three things I realize.

It's a wet room, the walls smell like mold but not like nobody would give a shit about it, no, rather like they would want it to be covered in dirt and mud. They want it to smell like dead people, they want me to know that I should fear them. They want me to be scared because so many people took their last breath here. This room is to bring out my worst fears but they are naïve to think that a smell could break me.

I also notice that I must be chained to a wall because the only two things I can feel are metal and the wet stones, pressing against the back of my hand.

And the third and last thing that I notice is that I am not alone in this room.

And they know that I know it.

As an heir to one of the biggest organizations of the Organized Crime you have to do so many things, learn so much but the most important lesson you get taught since you have taken your first breath is to survive. We have to fight until we can't fight anymore and while we do this we get instincts that not everybody has.

So, I know for a fact... that this person knows me.

I know them and they know me and that tells me that whoever is in this room is not some fucking little pisser who thinks with a few guns and a couple of men he rules the world...

They are something way bigger.

A Mexican cartel? No, they are all too weak at the moment.

It can't be the Irish for a fact. The ones that are still alive are too scared... they don't even have a real leader.

The Yakuza?

The Japanese Mafia is one of the most dangerous in this entire fucking world, they have fighters and assassins that can rip you apart in seconds...

No, it's unlikely.

They would have already killed me but they also don't want to risk war. They would wait for a better moment, they wouldn't do it now.

Their new leader is too smart for that.

I slowly open my mouth, not sure if I am even able to speak.

"Are you just going to stand here and wait till I starve or are you gonna do something more fun?" I huff out, my throat barely choking out the words, while my eyes are still closed.