Chapter 33, Never Gonna Give You Up!

_Author Pov_

" Beast Breathing, Fang One...Pierce! "

Inosuke strikes but Akaza ripped off both of his arms and fled, freeing you in process.

You dropped to the ground as Rengoku collapsed to the ground from exhaustion. You quickly get up and checks Rengoku's injuries.

'' I have to find refuge from sunlight! ''
Akaza thought as he runs into the forest with a furious Tanjiro chasing after him. Tanjiro aimed and threw his flame-emitting sword. The sword stabbed through Akaza's chest but Akaza keeps running.

'' Don't run away, you coward! '' Tanjiro yelled at him, furious. '' Don't run away! '' Which makes Akaza irked, veins popping up on his face.

'' What the hell is that brat talking about? Doesn't he have a brain in his head? '' Akaza thought, feeling his anger boiling up. '' I am not running away from you! I am running from the sun! '' He keeps running while pulling off Rengoku's blade in his neck. '' And besides, the battle's already been decided. He'll probably run out off strength and die soon! ''

'' The demon slayer corps.....is always fighting you demons in the dark of the night where you have the advantage! '' You quietly tend to Rengoku's wounds as you listen to Tanjiro's angry yelling which you weren't used to. He soon later started crying out of frustration after yelling his emotions out.

'' Stop yelling already. '' Rengoku calls out. '' You'll reopen that stomach wound. You're badly injured too, remember? '' He continued. '' If you die, Young Kamado, it'll make me the loser. ''

'' Rengoku-san... ''

'' Come over here. '' Rengoku softly gestures him over which Tanjiro sat in front of him.

'' There's something I remembered, while I was dreaming. You should go to my parents' home, the Rengoku residence. '' He started. '' There should be some notes there left by the preceding Flame Hashira. '' He continued, trying to get his breathing under control. '' My father read them often, But since I never did. I don't know what's in them. There might be some kind of record of that Hinokami Kagura you mentioned. ''

'' Rengoku-san, please don't talk anymore. '' Tanjiro worriedly said which you join in. '' That's right, Rengoku-sama! You should rest first! You can talk later! We have so much time y'know! '' You pout at Rengoku. He shakes his head, smiling.

'' Okay... ''

Tanjiro sighed, as he feels himself relax as the atmosphere become lighter than before.

'' So, He's not dying?! '' Inosuke asked ( yelled ).

You replied smugly. '' Of course not! He'll survive! Are you doubting my abilities? '' you tease him.

'' How could I doubt my servant's abilities?! My servant is powerful as her Master! '' He yelled, which you smile at him.

A few minutes later, Zenitsu appears with Nezuko's box, which is on his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' It'll take a month or more to fully recover. So please take your time and heal. '' Shinobu said, as she writes something in her notes.

She then look at Mitsuri who was hugging tightly at Rengoku, crying her eyes out. Iguro standing behind them. Rengoku, who was smiling, pats her back lightly as he let the Love Hashira cries herself to him. '' Kanroji-san, I am sorry to say this but you will hurt his wounds if you hug him like that. '' Shinobu reminded.

'' Oh right! Sorry! '' Misturi yelled, embarrassed while wiping her tears.

'' Here, Kanroji. '' Iguro hands her a handkerchief. '' Thank you, Iguro-san. '' Mitsuri accepts the handkerchief, still embarrassed. She blew her nose with it as Iguro pats her back in a comforting manner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' HYAHHHHHH!!! I AM NOT DRINKING THAT! I'M NOT EVEN INJURED?! WHY WOULD I DRINK THAT CRAP?! WHY WOULD I?!!! '' Zenitsu yelled as he tries to run away from Aoi, who keeps a strong grip on his collar.

'' This is just a medicine that will energize your body! Drink it now or I will shove it down in your throat! '' Aoi threatened.

'' Aoi-san! Inosuke-sama ate all the onigiris again! '' The triplets yelled.

'' HAH!? I DID NOT! '' Inosuke protests.

'' INOSUKE! ''

'' What a fun and lively morning! '' You comments as you hands Tanjiro his medicine. Tanjiro sweatdropped.

'' Is your body okay now? '' Tanjiro asks as he examines your body after drinking his medicine. '' Mmm! Just a few red marks! Other than that, I am fine! '' Tanjiro frowned at that.

'' I am sorry... '' Tanjiro apologized. You raised your eyebrows as you asked. '' Why are you sorry? '' '' For not protecting you. '' Tanjiro answered.

'' It's not that big of deal! It's just a few red marks! It'll disappear a few days later. Plus, you're injured. '' You try to reason with him.

'' That time...that time when he got you. I was scared....so scared that I will lose you too. I can't forgive myself if that happens. '' Tanjiro muttered which you frowned at. You were so focused on poisoning Akaza that time that you didn't even had time to worry for your future. You are thankful that Tanjiro was worried. It makes your heart flutter.

'' There's no need to worry. I can protect myself! ''
You slapped his shoulder repeatedly.

'' But- ''

'' If he got me and turned me into demon, my life is done for. But you need to accept that. You need to accept the harsh reality, that's how cruel the world is. '' You muttered but Tanjiro heard clearly. He softly grasps your hand in his, intertwining both of your fingers. '' Even If you turned into a demon, I will not give up on you. I will find a cure for you, along with Nezuko. I will never gives up on you. ''
He said with full passion, which makes you flustered. You open your mouth to reply but-

'' Y/N-CHANNNN!!! HELP ME! AOI-CHAN IS MEAN TO ME AGAIN!! '' Zenitsu clings onto you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Y/n once asked Sanemi why he didn't have any eyebrows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bye-bye!