Chapter 21: Yours

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

Thank you for everyone's patience!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I stand in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for Kayla - who is still slumbering in my bed. I didn't want to wake her up since what happened yesterday, she needs a day off.

"Kayla didn't sleep in my room yesterday," Cayden speaks up, sitting at the table. I hum while placing the food on the plate, "That's because she slept in mine."

I don't get a response back. Instead, he only hums. I again head back towards the stairs and climb up, going back to my room.

I place my hands on the door handle and open the door, spotting Kayla laying on my bed with her eyes opened.

"You're awake," I smile catching her attention, her lips curve up returning the smile, "I made you breakfast." I show her the huge plate that was filled with fruits and bread.

She tilts her head, glaring at me, "You didn't have to do that," My eyes roll back at her remark, "I wanted to so eat." My hand reaches out for her to take the plate and she does.

"Thank you," She thanks me. I give her another comforting smile before heading near my closet, "Silas asked me to meet him today, he told me that it's a surprise." I tell Kayla, not looking at her.

Instead, my head looks around my closet, looking for an outfit to wear.

She takes a bite of her food, "Hm, I see things have gotten better between the two of you recently," I can sense the smirk on her face even without glancing at her.

I slowly nod, picking up an outfit, "They have," I responded. I turn towards my bathroom door and enter it. I lock the door before stripping down to nothing.

I turn on the shower and step in, adapting to the warm water hitting my skin.

After about 10 minutes I get out and dry myself. I pick up the clothes I had chosen and put them on.