55

"hurry up! we're late!" chenle's voice, half screaming echoed through his living room as he called out for jisung who were leaving the bathroom in a rush.

"i'm coming! ugh, you didn't have to scream loudly, you know?" said jisung as he made his way out of chenle's apartment. "even renjun-hyung texted he just left home. there was no need for you to rush me."

"renjun-hyung is driving. we're walking. see the difference?" chenle debated before the two left for their destination.

it took them around 20 minutes to reach the place by feet, their walk filled with bickering with occasional joking. as soon as they arrived, chenle pressed on the doorbell. it only took a few seconds until the door were opened by none other than the owner of the place, jaemin.

"i'm sorry we're late. jisung took his time getting ready." chenle said as they were invited inside.

"thank you for waiting, hyung." said jisung to jaemin.

"don't worry, we haven't started anything. jeno just got here too." said jaemin as he lead the two bestfriends up the second floor of his new place.

it was a small living room, still empty considering it has only been a few days since jaemin and his mom moved into the new place. 

as they reached the second floor, they were greeted by the laughter of the dreamies enjoying themselves. 

"but really, i really thought you two would have started dating a long time ago." said mark with his index pointing back and forth from donghyuck and seolhyun.

"all those years of friendship but treating each other like your significant others, how can you not fall for each other?" asked jeno, genuinely curious how donghyuck and seolhyun could keep their relationship as strictly friends only for so long. 

donghyuck, feeling boastful as he shrugged his shoulder in a teasing manner, replied "well what can i say? the relationship bloomed at the perfect timing."

"cringe," muttered chenle as him and jisung joined to sit with the group.

"but you two make a great couple." said jaemin, settling into his seat next to eunha's. his hand then naturally pulling her closer to him by her shoulders.

"your relationship is the perfect definition of a match made in heaven," added eunha.

"but have you ever thought of your own relationship? you and jaemin is the perfect match!" said seolhyun. 

"my favorite couple is still renjun-hyung and weiyun," chenle cut off, shaking his head as he sent a smirk over to his cousin.

mark nodded, although he nodded to every 'perfect couple opinions' his friends muttered, before saying, "i'm glad you worked things out. the way the two of you suffered so much while you two were broken up pretty much showed how much you love each other." 

"really, weiyun wouldn't stop talking about how much she missed-"

"hEY!"

"alright, alright i'll keep it between us. i just gave renjun-hyung some teaser so that the next time you want him to let you go, he won't let you go." said chenle, sipping on the cup of soda jaemin poured for him awhile ago.

"if i ever ask renjun to let me go again, someone please just slap me in the face." said weiyun, gaining the laughter of everyone.

"but really," mark said in a serious voice, making everyone turn to him in an instant, "i'm really glad we stayed together throughout the - you know, tough time. being able to sit here right now with all of you, seeing all of us happy feels like a blessing, you know? we were so close to breaking up again and i can't imagine how we'd be right now if we did. of course it's not the same like how it used to be, but i'm still happy. and i think we all are, to some extent. so thanks guys, for staying together."