15

I grabbed the doorknob, opening the door carefully. What if it was some murderer standing there?

I breathed out in relief when I saw only our neighbour, Mrs. Hudson.

"Hello Harry." Mrs. Hudson was an elderly beta that lived alone right across this hallway.

"Good evening Mrs. Hudson. Could I do something for you?" I asked her kindly.

"Oh dear, I was making my favourite pie but I ran out of eggs. It would mean so much if you could lend me some- I would pay you." she showed me the money she was squeezing in her permanently shaking hand.

"Of course, wait a minute please." I ran away into the kitchen quickly, grabbing the already opened pack of eggs from our fridge. I checked the box, seeing there were six eggs left.

I think that will do.

I grabbed the box, walking back into the doorway with smile on my face. I was always happy when I could help.

"Here, are six enough?"

"Oh, more than enough Harry. Thank you." she wanted to give me the money but I really didn't want them.

"No, Mrs. Hudson, I don't want your money." I stated, backing away.

"You are too kind. I will bring you some of the pie later, okay? You are not allergic to apricots, right?" she asked me.

"No, I am not. Thank you very much, I can't wait to try your pie!" I devoted her one of my dimpled smiles.

"I will bring it when it's done. Thank you for the eggs." she walked slowly over to her door before she disappeared into her flat again.

Mrs. Hudson was really nice. She was such a friendly neighbour. Who would mind lending her some eggs when she needed them?

I walked back into the kitchen, pouring myself glass of juice. As I was gulping the glass down I noticed there was a new message on my phone.

Mum: Harry, I am really sorry but I won't make it home tonight. Emily's little one is sick and she couldn't find anyone to look after him. I need to take her shift. Love you, mum.

I sighed, drinking the rest of the juice I had left in my glass.

Another lonely night... well, let's get back to my series. I really didn't feel like actually doing something, I just felt like doing nothing.

Just when I was about to enter my room the doorbell rang again.

Did Mrs. Hudson forget something?

The pie couldn't be done just yet.

I came back into the doorway to open the door, expecting the lady from the opposite door to stand in front of them.

Well, it wasn't Mrs. Hudson. Maybe she was already in that wolf's stomach, eaten just like the Litte Red Riding Hood.

"Hello Harry." my biology professor was standing there. He wasn't dressed in the same clothes as in school. He was wearing black loose jeans, white polo with unzipped black jacket on top of it and his hair wasn't that messy either.

"Good evening professor." I looked him in the eyes to see the pair of ocean blue eyes already fixed on me. I broke off the eye contact quite soon, I didn't want to look at him.

"Why are you here?"

"Could I come in?" he asked, his voice calm.

I didn't move from the doorframe to let him see that I didn't want him to go inside.

"It wouldn't be great to speak about it here, where everyone can hear." I mentally rolled my eyes. But he was right of course...

"'Mkay." I let him step inside but I didn't plan to lead him further into the flat.

"Are you alright?" I shrugged my shoulders as an answer when I closed the door behind him.

"What you had told me today wasn't anything I would expect. My reaction wasn't adequate, I am aware of that. I am also apologizing for using my alpha voice on you, it wasn't necessary. I was completely out of my mind, I didn't know what I was doing. I would like to speak to you about this again, now." he said it all in one breath.

"Okay." I breathed out, reconsidering leading him in.
I didn't utter a word, waiting for him to follow my steps.

We both entered my bedroom, the mess from my unfinished dinner still laid out on the surface of it.

I sat down, putting the dirty plate away on the bedside table.

Louis carefully copied my steps, sitting down on the opposite end of the bed where he had good view on me.

"How did you find out that you are pregnant?"

"Zayn had said something that... made me question it. Then I had bought two tests and both were positive." I answered truthfully.

"It's yours. You were the first and also the last person I had slept with." I added.

"I believe you... I see no reason for you to lie about this." he paused before he continued.
"Do you still want to keep the baby?"

"Yes, I do. And I am not asking you to do some crazy things for us. All I want for them is to have their father in their life, somehow..."

"Somehow?" he arched his brow at me.

"Mhm." I would much rather become family but I knew he wouldn't even consider that option. I wasn't what he wanted obviously...

"Just coparenting?"

"Yeah, just." I nodded, although that I didn't even like the way how the word sounded on my tongue.

"Oh, okay." he chuckled weirdly, sliding his hands up and down his thighs.

"So I would send you money and could visit them?" he questioned.

"Yes, maybe even take them for weekends when they grow up a little."

"Okay." Louis looked away from me.

"That's for the best, innit?" he added, looking... bothered? But why?

——————————————————————————
A/N
Happy birthday to our mom! Happy 28th birthday Harry! We wish you happiness, love, health and you know... just all the best! ;))

Also, today is the first show of dad's world tour! Already saw some pics and I just know it's gonna be amazing.

Sending love to my larents and to you as well.

I love you all so much!<3

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
they are next to each other even in the pride flag... ;(( excuse me please, i need to go cry about it.