chapter 12.

xii.

"You look dead," Her male classmate commented when he saw Mira with her head down on the table. Her eyes were shut closed but she opened them slightly when someone spoke to her.

That was the problem of having to take the bus home when she could have just walked. She should have known that when the bus came to a halt, it was her stop. The moment she realized it late, she quickly pressed the button alerting the bus driver and got off, passing by bewildered Park Sunghoon.

Mira already had google maps opened on her phone — she wanted to check the distance between her current location and her house — Unfortunately, it will take thirty minutes to reach on foot. When she switched the setting over to 'bus', it had the same amount of time and the bus will take another round of the same route.

The girl sighed before heading back inside the vehicle, thankful that it hasn't left yet, and apologized to the driver for the sudden interruption. She thought it would be better to ride the bus rather than walking since both options would take thirty minutes. The sky was getting darker too and it would be dangerous for her to walk alone.

Jeon Mira remembered arriving back at her house by seven. She could have arrived by six, but due to traffic and the occasional stops of the bus to pick up more passengers, it took a lot longer than expected.

When she thought no more problems would occur, she suddenly remembered the school assignment that was assigned two days ago when she was about to go to sleep. The deadline was tomorrow and she didn't want to get a low mark on her report — so she stayed up late to write her essay.

Which leads to the situation now.

Mira found a boy standing in front of her as he gazed down at her worriedly. She recognized him to be one of the boys who confessed to her, but she had politely rejected him, saying she wasn't ready for a relationship which was partly a lie — she was willing to be in one if only the person was Kim Sunoo.

"I'm fine, Hacheol," She lazily smiled.

"Haseong," He corrected his name.

"Haseong— Oh my god, I'm sorry." Embarrassed, Mira buried her face in her hands.

"It's no big deal, don't worry," Haseong chuckled and rubbed his nape awkwardly. Mira could tell he was upset since she didn't get his name right but with her stressed mind and tired body, she wasn't able to think properly. The male student nodded his head once before leaving to his desk.

The girl bit her lip, taking one last glance at him before slamming her head on the table, creating a loud bang! echoing the classroom. Thankfully, it was still lunch and only a few students were present.

As she shut her eyes closed and controlled her breathing to relax her mind and body, she felt a gentle touch on her hair, caressing it. It was so comforting she didn't dare look up to see who it was, afraid they will stop. Only then did the person speak she was able to identify who it was.

"Not only were you hitting me, but you're also hitting yourself," He spoke. "I got startled when I heard a bang from outside."

Mira tilted her head up and saw Yang Jungwon still having his hand caressing her hair softly. Just as he opened his mouth to speak again, another voice cut him off, earning shocked looks from other students.

"Mira is dating Jungwon?!"

"What?" The said male breathed out, staring at what seemed to be the class clown in disbelief — Cho Daesoo was his name.

Daesoo pointed a finger at him, "You just said Mira was hitting on you. Am I wrong? And your action towards her says so!"

Jungwon had his mouth gaped open in disbelief, silently judging him with his eyes. There will always be that one person who would start unnecessary drama to create new tea. However, Jungwon was having none of that.

"I said she's hitting me not hitting on me."

Haseong smacked Daesoo's arm — in which the latter dramatically acted as if he had been punched — and motioned him to sit back down to not embarrass himself any further. He didn't forget to give Mira a second glance before looking down.

Jungwon sighed and sat on the chair in front of her table, causing the girl to avert her attention back to him. The male propped an elbow up and rested his cheek on his clenched hand, staring at her. "Your forehead is red."

Mira playfully rolled her eyes and placed her head back down on the table, her arms making a temporary pillow. Jungwon's eyes followed her as he sat there doing nothing. It made the girl wonder why he even entered her classroom in the first place for no specific reason.

In search of Aerin maybe? But she's in the cafeteria right now. He should have gone there, she thought.

Shrugging the thought off, Mira closed her eyes once more, only to be interrupted the next second by the same voice softly speaking.

"Tired?" Jungwon asked, receiving a hum in return. "Didn't get enough sleep?" He continued to ask, receiving a softer hum. This meant that Mira was slowly losing consciousness. The boy nodded his head and decided not to ask any more questions — but it didn't stop him from messing with her.

Yang Jungwon spotted a hairband around the girl's wrist so he carefully took it out before taking a small portion of her hair, securing them above her head. He smiled mischievously at the thought of her waking up with such a hairstyle.

He could only hope he will get to live the next day and that she wouldn't kill him.

a/n; sorry for the late update, been busy with school with all the work piling up.