Chapter 27 Settling In

Diana led Astrid and Emmett towards the family wing of the palace. She stopped in front of Emmett's door that was down the hall from Astrid's, “This is your room, Emmett. You'll find everything you need, including a change of clothes for the feast.”

“Thank you, Your Highness,” Emmett said.

“Please, Emmett, you may call me Diana in private,” Diana said with a smile.

Emmett smiled, “Thank you, Diana.”

“You're welcome, Emmett.”

With that, Emmett entered his room then Diana and Astrid continued to her chambers. When they arrived, Diana opened the door and led Astrid into her bedroom.

Astrid gasped when she saw her room. It was the most beautiful room she had ever seen. It was bright and airy, decorated elegantly, fit for a princess of Asgard. Astrid walked out onto the balcony and saw that it faced the East, overlooking one of the gardens. Astrid turned towards her mother and smiled, “This is beautiful, Mother, thank you.”

Diana smiled in return, “This room was prepared for you long ago, waiting for your return.”

Diana showed Astrid her wardrobe, and Astrid found it filled with Asgardian dresses; she found that odd and looked at her mother, “The servants stocked your wardrobe while we were on Earth. You have everything you will need, even training clothes. I'm sure you would like to train with your father and me.”

Astrid grinned, “Oh, yeah.”

Diana laughed, “I thought as much. Now, why don't you rest for a while? You and Emmett can explore the palace a little later, but you must return in time to get ready for your welcome home feast.”

“Alright, Mother.”

Diana kissed her daughter's forehead, “Rest well, Daughter.”

With that, Diana left Astrid's room.

Astrid explored her room for a bit, then laid down on her huge bed and closed her eyes. She hadn't realized how tired she was until her head hit the pillow. It had been a very emotional day for her.

Meanwhile, Emmett explored his room as well, he found it beautiful, and the view was spectacular. Since Emmett didn't need to sleep, he read for a while. When looking over the books, Emmett found that many were in a language he couldn't read. Emmett continued to look until he found one in English; it was the history of Asgard. Emmett assumed that the book was placed in his room for a reason. Emmett sat down at the desk and began to read.

Emmett didn't get very far when there was a knock at his door; he stood up and answered it; it was Diana.

“Hello, Emmett.”

“Hello, Diana, is there something I can do for you?”

“I only came to see how you were settling in. Is there anything you need?”

“No, I'm fine for now, thank you.”

Diana nodded, “Emmett, I know you said that you only drink from animals, and I wanted to let you know that there is plenty of game for you to feed on, but I must ask that if you need to feed that you have Thor, Loki, or I escort you. It is safer that way. There are animals here that are not on Earth that can injure you, Vampire or not.”

Emmett nodded, “Thank you, Diana, I appreciate it. How's Astrid?”

“She's fine, resting right now. I told her that later you and she can explore the palace.”

Emmett's face lit up, “That's great! In the meantime, I'll read.”

Diana's brow furrowed, “Oh, yes, I forgot, Vampires do not sleep. Well, we'll have to see if there's something we can do about that,” Diana informed Emmett.

Emmett looked at Diana oddly, “What do you mean?”

“Well, if you want, Loki can cast a spell that will allow you to sleep. I'm sure it's boring staying up all night, especially here.”

Emmett thought for a moment it would be nice to sleep and rest after so many years of not being able to. He nodded and accepted Diana's offer.

“Good, I'll talk to him tonight.”

With that, Diana excused herself and left Emmett's room.

In another part of the castle, Odin talked with Frigga about Astrid and Emmett, “I do not like that my granddaughter is in love with a vampire, my love,” Odin told his wife.

“Yes, but what can we do about it, husband? We cannot tear them apart,” Frigga eyed her husband, and her eyes narrowed, “And do not think of trying, my love. You will only end up hurting our granddaughter.”

Odin sat there in deep thought, then looked at his wife, “No, that was not what I was thinking. I thought that if the boy proves himself to love Astrid truly, we give him the Apple of Idunn and perhaps make him a minor god. We can make him a minor god under Baldur, perhaps the god of joy. Emmett has super strength and speed as Baldur does; they would complement each other.”

Frigga stared at her husband, surprised, “You would truly do that for Astrid?”

“If she is truly in love with the boy and it makes her happy, then yes, I would. You know I wouldn't say I like Midgardians, but for her, I will make an exception. She deserves to be happy.”

Frigga stood and hugged and kissed her husband, “Thank you, my love, you are a wonderful grandfather.”

Odin smiled, “Thank you, but I will talk with Thor and Diana about this first and get their opinion.”

“I'm sure they will agree with anything that will make Astrid happy.”

Author's Note:

Sorry so short, but I need to get into the groove of updating all these stories again. Hopefully, the next one will be longer.