𝟸𝟻. [ ' ғɪʀᴇᴡᴏʀᴋs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ' ] ⛈️

"No... I know you're the raindrop duchess, don't fool me." Conrad's hands clenched into fists.

"God, I forgot people call me that..." You bit your lip.

"Raindrop duchess? That's fancy, who's that?" You let your eyes innocently blink at Conrad, who only frowned at your obviously faked oblivion.

"I know you are. I always notice your disappearance during the rain. The fully equipped weapons hidden beneath your clothing. The way you suddenly disappeared when I heard thundering from outside during father's birthday—how skeptical you acted when I asked you where you were after that."

You couldn't tell anymore whether you were drenched from the rain, or from your sweat. He was fully attacking you with accusations that really connected to your side of the story. The way he didn't let a single strange act of yours slip.

"Grandfather only taught you basic archery. And ever since mother wanted you to be a proper lady and forbid combat into your life, I know you've been secretly training in your room. I heard every ruckus, every sound the arrows make when you've shot a target." Conrad proceeded with his assumptions like he had a never-ending long list of it.

"Brother, those are very detailed theories—"

"When you countered that lightning, I knew then and there that I was right the entire time. You are the raindrop duchess." He had crossed his arms.

You struggled to find words that would convince him otherwise, but he spat so many facts that it was difficult to come up with more excuses.

"I'm sorry to intrude," Diluc stepped in. "But all of this was partially my fault."

All attention was now on Diluc. Your face turned so quickly to him that you almost broke your neck. Your eyes were as wide as your brother's.

"She had been disappearing more often... to see me. She'd help with my work and sometimes, we would just sit in the lounge, having a nice conversation." Diluc lied. Defending your current state.

"Oh? And how do you explain the power?"

"Vision wielders are never weak. I believe when she grew year by year, so did her power." Diluc's statement felt very pure and honest that you were almost convinced that was the case. You look back at Conrad, trying to read his expression to whether or not he'd buy that.

Your eyes searched for hope as his face suddenly relaxed. "Well uh... ahem, I apologize for the inconvenience. I thought I was for sure this time." He coughs, cheeks were as pink as the cotton candy clouds at dusk.

"No worries, brother." You smiled before turning to Diluc to mouth a 'thank you'.

He saved your butt back there. If it weren't for him, you'd be sent back to Mondstadt and be grounded for the rest of your life. Conrad left the both of you to check up on the captain who was ordering his crew to finally drop the anchor, as the ship have reached the docks of Ritou.

It was quiet—only a few minutes earlier, you were all dreadful and in a panic as the storm almost proudly took the ship in its arms—Ritou was empty, but only two fishermen pulling their net loaded with all kinds and shapes of fishes, and an unfamiliar man in the dock who patiently waited for the ship to make its stop.

You jumped off before the captain could even announce "land ahoy!". The stranger you laid eyes upon earlier, approached you like he was an old friend—except you really didn't know him.

He's worn a red outfit that stuck to Inazuman cultural design, and had neatly brushed blonde hair to compliment his color scheme.

"Milady [Y/N]!" He greeted so cheerfully, you couldn't tell if he was a teenager or a fully grown adult.