334-336

Chapter 334 - "I just feel that I should come and see you." (1)

After checking out a few recommended locations for building the factory, and after evaluating the pros and cons of these locations, Fang JunRong more or less had an idea.

"I feel that the most important thing right now is to fix the road." Li XinYun spoke like an expert on the subject. "How did that saying go? Fixing the road is the first step to riches."

Cocking her head, she asked, baffled, "The mayor looked like a pragmatic person. How come the road up the mountain isn't fixed yet?"

MingZhu told her that the road leading into her village was very narrow and barely allowed a bus to go through. One must be very cautious when bringing trucks in there.

"The terrain there probably makes it difficult to expand the road there. Fixing the road will cost a lot of money. You've seen the situation with the village."

"They don't have a lot of money to spare. Even the one road that you are seeing right now was built with a government supplement."

The local government didn't have a lot of budget either and there were a lot of places that needed money. If they were to spend a lot on fixing the road leading into Dingyang Village, many would be disgruntled over it.

That being said, if they were to build a factory in town, they could very well spend some money on fixing the road .

In a sense, once they have fixed the road, the villagers would owe Fang JunRong a big favor. If anyone was to cause trouble in the factory, they would be drowned by the other villagers' saliva.

She spent 20 million yuan on charity annually anyway. She could always use part of this year's charity budget on fixing the road.

When they were tired from walking, the three of them went to get dinner. The hotel that they were staying at did not provide meals, so they had been dining out. Fang JunRong liked the local dried bamboo shoots a lot. They were particularly flavorful when cooked with braised meats.

After they had eaten, Fang JunRong planned to return to the hotel. Fang Tian and Li XinYun wanted to go buy some souvenirs. Fang JunRong arranged for a bodyguard to follow them around and took off with Jian Shao.

This hotel might not even be 1/3 full normally but, as they were housing a lot of the villagers from Dingyang Village, the normally empty hotel seemed particularly crowded and noisy all of a sudden.

The hotel was only three-story in size with no elevator. It was, after all, an 18th-tier little province city. The hotel here was no match with those in 1st and 2nd tier cities.

Fang JunRong had just gotten upstairs when she heard a voice as loud as a trumpet coming from below.

"MingZhu, when you become rich and famous, don't forget the little people."

"Good job, MingZhu. All you needed to do was to take a trip and run into rich people. I heard that the big boss planned to open up a factory here. Do put in a few good words for your Brother Da Nan and get him in, mmkay? So you did listen to me after all. Just like I have told you in the past, you don't need good grades. What you need to do is to have a baby when you are young so you can keep the man."

"Oh, Guihua, what is wrong with you? Why would you say such a thing? MingZhu had always been a good girl since she was a child. She is not that kind of person. If you are unhappy with your husband, you take it up to him. Why say things like that to MingZhu? You keep saying stuff like that to smear MingZhu's reputation, I am going to have to tear into you."

Fang JunRong could more or less figure out what was going on from the conversation. The villagers from Dingyang probably found out that MingZhu was close to a rich boss after they had gotten into town and had a preconception. She walked up and saw quite a few people in the hallway. Chen MingZhu saw Fang JunRong and said, "Boss Fang." Her voice was appreciative.