Uncle Dave

Ophelia kicked her legs in the cool pond water. She kicked at the small fish to deal with her anger. She did not feel in anyway bad for them, she felt bad for herself! After all, Ophelia had been living in this house all her life, even home schooling. And now, out of nowhere, she has to go to this school! They didn't even ask me first!In some way, she felt offended. And, how do I know if I'm good at making friends? I can't try, I'll probably make a fool out of myself. She kicked harder. "Lia! Are you outside? I said start packing!" Mrs. Vix yelled from inside the house. And the house. I'll miss it! Though, It would be nice to get away from Mike. The WONDEROUS ACADEMY had dorms. Dorms? She thought. What high school has dorms?
Mike walked up to Ophelia. "Hey, sis, mom says you're gonna be in trouble if you don't hurry up and pack. Mike said. He looked down to her feet. "Why are you killing fish?" He jokingly backed away. "You're not gonna get me, are you?" Ophelia rolled her eyes and walked away. Mike caught up. "That was funny, wasn't it!" Ophelia ignored him and ran ahead to the house.

Mike laid on his bed, thinking about last night. Wow, is Lia really leaving? Who else am I supposed to pick on? He shook his head at the thought. How am I missing my annoying little sister if she hasn't even left yet. There was a vibration in his pocket. Ring-ring, someone was calling him one his phone. He picked it up. "Hey, Mikey Mikey." He heard coming from the other side of the phone. It was a familiar voice.

Ophelia stuffed her clothes in the suitcase and sighed a relieved breath. Well, that was the last of it! As she turned around to walk out her door, she noticed that she forgot her spell book! Oh curses, now I have to unpack everything to fit it! She fell back on her bed. I can tell that this is gonna take a while. Ophelia thought, as she rested her eyes.

Mike barged in his Ophelia's room. "Lia, guess who called me! It was-" He stopped mid sentence when he saw that Ophelia was sleeping. He signed and slowly walked up to her and shook her. Finally, she opened her eyes, after at least 20 rounds of shaking! She yawned. "What? Was I sleeping?" I guess I rested my eyes for a little to long. Ophelia yawned again and got up. She looked at Mike while he pretended to wipe sweat off his forehead. "Ok now that you've gotten your beauty sleep-which by the way, didn't work-I need to tell you something!" Ophelia nodded and ignored his rude remark. Mike continued. "Ok guess what!" Ophelia, who was still a bit tired, made a lousy hand gesture for Mike to go on. "Uncle Dave called and said he's coming over!" Mike finished saying with a wide grin on his face. Ophelia thought this was kind of a letdown after waiting so long for Mike to say what he wanted to say.
"Oh, but it will be a bit of a bummer for you because you'll only get to see him for one day. Right before you leave." Mike informed her with an annoying tone in his voice. He ment to make Ophelia mad but she didn't really care. They're uncle Dave was weird, in a bad way, and creepy too. Ophelia was actually kinda happy to be leaving for once. "Ok." Ophelia answered flatly. She thought of a way to get Mike and his annoying smile out of her face and room. Of course! This time, she made the annoying voice. "You know the rule Mike. Get out!" Mikes smile faded into a jokingly fearful face and ran out. "See you!" He yelled out from halfway down the hallway. Ophelia made a long hard sigh when she looked at her half opened suitcase. Right, packing.

   Mr. Vix bit his fingernails while he checked the time multiple times, waiting for David, his twin brother. You better come soon or I swear I will- There was a ring coming from the living room. He jumped up and ran into the living room to see Mike, who was opening the door. He pushed Mike out of the way. In the corner of his eye, he could see Mike make a "mean" hand gesture. No time to punish my son. My brother's here! Happily, Mr. Vix opened the door. Mr. Vix was greeted by being strangled. He was knocked to the ground by his twin brother. He wanted to say hello, but he struggled to even breathe in Dave's arm lock. Instead, Dave spoke for him. "Well, it's good to see you too, Dylan! My beloved little brother." He said with a chuckle. Suddenly, Mr. Vix gained the strength of 10 men and women. He pushed his same age twin brother off of him.
   "Excuse me? We are twins!" Mr. Vix said, wiping the dust of him. Dust had collected all over his t-shirt after he had been tackled. Dave got up and didn't bother to wipe the dust off his coat. "Excuse you! I was first. Also, I'm taller." Mr. Vix did not seem to take his brother's reasoning seriously.
   "First of all, that doesn't make sense. My wife is older, and I'm taller. And second of all, for the last time, we are twins!" Ophelia and Mike, who were watching from the couch, had been a bit surprised at their father's rough housing and yelling with their Uncle Dave. "Well, Cassidy is a woman, so of course -" Dave was in the middle of supporting his argument when Mrs. Vix ran into the house from the back door.
   With an irritated look on her face, Mrs. Vix walked up to her husband, Mr. Vix. "Excuse me? Don't just go around advertising that I'm older than you!" How could she hear me from so far away? Mr. Vix, though. "But honey, I didn't mean to. I was just -" Mrs. Vix ignored him and walked, basically stomped, away. Mr. Vix sighed a sigh of pain. Why is everything so hard for me? He felt bad for himself. He turned towards his twin brother, who was talking to Mike and Ophelia, trying to convince them that he's the eldest brother. He sighed another sigh of pain.

   Dinner that night was dreadful. It was filled with Mr. Vix and Dave arguing and Mrs. Vix constantly correcting Mr. Vix for useless things. Mike and Ophelia stayed quiet. They didn't want to be a part of this big quarrel. And part of Ophelia was actually pretty happy to be leaving so soon. She didn't really like her uncle Dave. Mike, however, did.
   All that night, in between the arguments, Mike bragged to his uncle Dave about cool things he's done or girls that asked him out, and he rejected. Of course, he was lying about the girls, and everyone knew it, but Uncle Dave was fortunately a good sport about Mike's lying.
   "So, I've heard you'll be moving to a school soon, Lia." Dave told Ophelia. Ophelia didn't answer. Instead, she nodded. "What kind of school has dorms? A crazy one." Dave said with awkward laughs.
   "Ya, crazy. Anyways, gotta finish packing, you know. Bye." Ophelia was actually already done with packing. She just wanted to get away from everyone, especially her uncle Dave.

   Ophelia laid on her bed, petting Bliss. She picked up Bliss and held her to her face. "I'm gonna miss you so much." She dropped a kiss on Bliss's small forehead and then put her down.
   Peacefully knowing that she would leave in four days, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

   The day had come. Ophelia tied her curly hair into a pony tail and rushed to get her backpack and suit case that was filled with all her belongings. All her belongings put together were heavy. She struggled to pull her suitcase down the stairs.
   "Hurry Lia, you're going to miss the bus!" An Inpatient Mrs. Vix yelled from the living room. When Ophelia got to the bottom of the stairs, she answered her mom. "I'm here." A loud roaring sound came from outside. "Well! Go on, the bus is here!" Mrs. Vix told her. Mike, Mr. Vix and Dave were all there, too. Everyone gave their hugs and goodbyes.
   Ophelia was about to leave when her uncle Dave tapped her shoulder. "Here." He said as he gave her a small kitty keychain. "Keep this on your backpack, a gift from me." He said with a warm smile. She nodded and ran off to the bus, which she nearly missed. It was navy blue with stars. It kinda resembled the sky.
   Ophelia sat down and watched the only home she ever knew, faded away...