Chapter 27 - Lucky Number

Happy chapter dw

Leo's Pov - Sep 20th (I don't do sports. A goal is one point on the scoreboard lol.)

"This is nothing. We just had a lot to drink last night. Nothing is going on Between Us... Nothing." I looked at Belle to find some reaction, but she was totally composed.

Great. That's fine. That confirms it then. We are nothing. There is nothing here.

"O-kay... Whatever you say...." Beth dragged Oli out of the room and shut the door behind her. Leaving us in total, utter silence.

I looked at her, she looked everywhere else. I'm surprised she hasn't broken the silence yet-

"Anyways... I should get going." Of course. Wouldn't expect anything less.

"Hey could you go to my game tomorrow. Being my fake girlfriend and everything. Also, if I can't score a point then I have to quit football until next season, so... it's a big one."

She smiles and nods. "That's what she said." I resisted the urge to laugh as she cringed at her own words.

"Uhm yeah, right. Sorry that was stupid to say." I hand her some pajama bottoms and a jersey of mine. "You can wear this, if you want." She examines it quietly, smiling and then she was gone. Not even giving me a second glance. "Bye?." I call out after the door shuts.

As I said the other day, this was getting tiring.

~~~~~~~
The Next day...

"The deadline for the essay is next Friday. Don't hand it in late or you lose 20% on the final result." I thanked the professor as I followed Belle out of class.

She had been all distant again since Saturday night. I mean I guess it was nothing new from her usual 'push Leo away' thing that she did.

Before I could catch up to her, David appeared beside me and I lost her in the crowds. Damn it.

"Hey man, you ready for tonight?" David asked as we began to walk towards the food court.

"Yeah, coach James will kick our ass if we lose the first game back. Plus I have that whole 'lose my spot on the team' if I fail." Coach wasn't the nicest person I'd ever met but he was definitely a father figure of sorts.

Not that I need another one of those.

But he always prepared us for all of our football games and made sure we were in tip top shape. It was exhausting but worth it I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I liked football just as much as the next guy, but it wasn't something I cared a whole lot for.

I'm better than David but not half as good as Oli. He's our team captain that gives us shit when we piss off coach.

Oli's hope for this game was to be scouted, because Cartels College was giving away football scholarships for next year in Boston. For Oli that sounds ideal... but for me that sounds draining.

"Can you get me some chips and coke?" David shot me some finger guns, obviously, and went up to the food.

I slid into the booth with Julia and Beth who were giggling to themselves. "Care to share?"