🌟 Chapter 9 🌟

Thanks for all the kind words on my last post :) I'm all better now 🥳🥳 here's some fluff for you guys

> Moondrop's POV

I sat on the little balcony overlooking the daycare, watching Sun playing with the kids. The angle of the lights left where I was mostly in shadow, where I was most comfortable. Sun chased the kids around, the kids giggling when they were caught, and then turning around to chase Sun and the other kids. The game of tag had started a few minutes ago, but already a few kids had flopped down in the center of the carpeted, plush floor in exhaustion.

I don't know why, but I smiled a bit fondly at the kids. I wasn't as much of a fan as them as Sun was- they were too loud, too sticky and dirty, had too much energy. But... They were sweet, when they were sleeping. Their peaceful faces, the quiet snoring and deep breathing as I sang a soft lullaby.

I watched Sun sit down with the tired kids- now the majority after a while of playing. The remaining kids settled down with the others. I watched Sun point and direct the kids to sit criss cross applesauce in a circle, telling them to scoot back to widen the circle when it needed.

He clapped his hands together, a faint jingle from the bells reaching me even from my perch.

I sat there and watched them play duck duck goose. Whenever Sun was picked as the goose, he was slower than the kids for the most part, catching them occasionally. He was stuck in the middle for the most of the game, but he still looked like he was enjoying himself.

The kids tended to pick kids they "liked" to be the goose- I suppose it'd be nice for a crush to chase you. I then wished I was playing, a pang in my heart. It'd be fun to chase Sun around, no matter how simple and strange the game was. But... I couldn't leave. The lights were so bright. I didn't want to go out, anyways.

I'd zoned out, only focusing back when I noticed I'd been watching Sun, to see him meeting my gaze. He smiled at me, gesturing for me to come and join them. Since Sun was the centre of attention for most of the kids, the children turned to look at me as well. Soon they were all beckoning and calling to me to join their game.

I felt my face turn red with embarassment and turned to look away. My head snapped back, however, when the lights dimmed. I felt more than saw it, the shift in the lights. I was filled with more energy, jumping down as the kid who'd volunteered to dim the lights came back to the group eagerly. The kids chittered happily as they moved to make room for me, across the circle from Sun.

I played with them happily, doing the same as Sun did, going into the centre a few times instead of catching the kids, which I much preferred.

This game was different from how I thought. It was about strategy and planning- picking the right opponent you could outrun and the right spot that you could slip back into easily. Making sure you made it back in time while evading your pursuer. It was more fun than I'd originally thought.

Before I knew it, I'd ended up in a spot next to Sun, a pouting girl stuck in the middle after she'd tried to chase a boy a year older than her.

Sun leaned over to me to whisper to me. "Thanks for joining us," he said, happy.

"Thanks for inviting me," I whispered back. I set my hand on his with a soft smile. When had I learned to smile so freely? My smile broadened as Sundrop smiled back at me. I felt warm and fuzzy- my fingers twitched anxiously as if itching to hold Sun's hand.

I was so caught up in his smile that I was caught by surprise as I felt a tap on my head- a kid who started speeding around the circle. They were already a third of the way around by the time I stumbled up and gave chase.

The kid was nimble and beat me by a mile back to my seat. I grumbled and sat down in the middle, the kid sticking their tongue out at me from next to Sun. I scowled back, but Sun just let out a giggle at me in the middle of the circle of children.

Despite myself, I smiled at his laughing face.

His laugh was so perfect.

785 words

Hii guys 🤗 hope you liked this one because I didd sorry for the lack of dialogue though : ( smut next? Idk i dont have angst ideas 🥄

Don't forget to vote!! <3