Possessive Sal x Reader (pt.11)

HELP MY MOM WALKED IN ON ME WRITING THIS SBDHDJSKSJHDHS ANYWAY THANK U ALL SM FOR 1K READS HOLY SHIT DUDE

"Hey, pretty boy/lady/person," a stranger's voice echoed loudly from somewhere in front of me. "Masked freak got you on a surprise date? I bet I could take you on a better one- without a weird piece of plastic on my face."

"Excuse me?" I furrowed my brows, but kept my eyes closed.

"I said I could take you on a better date than the place your girlfriend brought you," I could hear them smiling by the way their vowels were widened.

"That's my boyfriend, and it's a prosthetic. And I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to have to decline," I said in a sweet voice. Unfortunately, I can say from experience that it's better to defuse these kinds of situations, rather than treat the person with the same lack of respect they're giving you.

"What? You really wanna-"

"Please just let us be," Sal growled.

"Jeez, man. No need to get all defensive. It's not my fault your little girlfriend/partner/boyfriend dresses like a prostitute," the person spat.

"I'm sorry, what?" I seethed.

"Are you deaf?"

"No, are you stupid?" I retorted. I just can't get a break whenever I go out, can I?

"Ha! No wonder your boyfriend is ugly and looks like a girl! You couldn't-"

"I'd rather you not finish that sentence," I interrupted and opened my eyes. "Look, I gave you a chance to fix your attitude, and you didn't. Nobody likes to be catcalled, even by someone around their age."

Standing in front of me was someone I recognized from school. Xe had dark hair, hazel eyes and pale skin, and was about a year or two older than Sally Face and I. Xe looked at me with fury glinting in xeir eyes. Xe probably isn't used to being rejected, since xe's part of the 'popular group.'

"Not to mention you were catcalling them, so clearly they can pull you, asshole," my boyfriend added.

"This doesn't involve you," xe took a step closer.

"Actually, it does. I'm here with him for a reason."

"You know what? You don't even deserve my attention anymore. Good luck finding someone once he gets tired of your bullshit," the kid finally stormed off in the opposite direction, leaving Sal and me to snicker by ourselves. As soon as xe left, I bust out laughing so hard I nearly doubled over and Sal couldn't help joining me.

"Whew... Sorry your surprise got ruined, but this place is pretty freaking cool," I said after our laughter died down.

"Nah, it's cool. Didn't that person come to school with Ash right before break, though?" Sal was adjusting his mask so it wouldn't fall.

"Now that you mention it, yeah. What's xeir name again?"

"Dunno, but it's probably something like Giga-Chad if xe was walking to school with Ash," Sal snickered, and our laughter started up all over again. 

After what felt like an eternity of leaning on each other for support and trying not to wheeze so hard our lungs collapsed, we began wandering around the enormous library. I knew this place was supposed to be cool, but this was way better than anything describable. The marble floors and cavernous rooms were only the start. Hand-painted cherubs and scenes of heaven covered every wall and ceiling completely. There were still a ton of rooms to explore, but my feet had been hurting for quite a while and I kinda needed a break.