Prologue

Hey reader! I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my story! I really hope you enjoy it! I'm trying to take a different approach besides the usual 'random girl meets her mate who's a werewolf/Alpha' so I know this is just the beginning of the story but please comment and let me know if you like the concept of the storyline I'm trying to make! Also I apologize in advance for any grammar mistakes, grammars never been my forte. Thanks! :)
Amber was only 1 month old when she was left to die. Her parents decided they couldn't accept what she was, as she was not normal. Amber was a werewolf.
But that was to be expected, as her father was a werewolf as well, but something threw a wrench into everything. She was not just a normal werewolf.
She carried the mark of the fire wolf.

Fire wolves were extremely rare creatures, almost to the point of extinction. They are also very powerful creatures. Their already heighten senses are heightened about 10x more than the average werewolf, they are about 10x stronger as well, and they can use their fire ability to heal others. There are also held to a higher standard, they never join a pack, they run them. To any pack they visit they are automatically held to the same standard as the Alpha, no matter the circumstance. The downside is they heal at the same speed as humans.

Carrie, a 25 year old mother of one, was walking down her usual path on her morning walk, when she hears crying. She walks off the pathway a little ways to find little Amber laying in the grass all alone. Carrie's heart broke seeing the poor child was just left, and runs over to her and picks her up. Carrie looked down at those big grey eyes and instantly fell in love.

Carrie took care of Amber like she was her own. While changing her one day, she seen the mark, the 3 claw marks on Amber's ribs, marking her the fire wolf. Carrie was taken aback, but decided not to abandon the child like her birth parents did, but decided to raise Amber as a human until she was old enough to be trained properly. Carrie was not new to the werewolf community, and was aware that there was a pack not too far away from her. She vowed that when Amber became of age, she would send her to that pack for training.

The picture above is what Amber's fire wolf looks like. Her regular wolf is a midnight black, you will learn the difference later in the story :)

Author Update: Hey guys! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has left such lovely comments! I appreciate all constructive feedback. :) Please keep in mind that this is a story I wrote years ago in high school, with a high school mindset. It's not perfect by any means and I'll never claim that it is. It's something I wrote for fun after inspiration hit. I hope you all enjoy the read nonetheless. Welcome to the pack! :)