30| I need to let go

Knocking on Luca's door he doesn't respond though I still hear the rustle of movement inside

Knocking on Luca's door he doesn't respond though I still hear the rustle of movement inside. I knew that if I called him he wouldn't reply either way and I sigh on the spot. A hand is placed on my shoulder and I jump back swallowing my scream as I come face to face with a very amused looking Alejandro.

"No need to jump, sister. I just wanted to see how the planning was going." He glances Luca's closed door then back to me. "But I'm guessing it's not very good."

I keep my eyes plastered to the ground, the guilt from earlier pumping through my blood steam. My blood runs cold and I can't help but shiver slightly knowing that I keep fucking up. I don't understand how many times I have to screw up until I finally figure out how to be part of this family without my drama following me behind.

Alejandro frowns looking down at me seeing as I stay quiet and all humor disappears from his face. He knocks on the door repeating Luca's name and I go rigid.

The door swings open and Luca doesn't give a glance to me, his eyes glued onto Alejandro. He's tense as he keeps his arm crossed in front of him ignoring my presence and I can't help but cast my eyes downwards again.

"What do you need Alejandro?"

"Well I need you to speak to your sister." Luca goes to cut him off but a look from him reminds him not to. "I don't know what she did and I don't know what you did. If it's a bigger issue then I'll gladly get together for a family meeting. Although if this is one of those not so big sibling fights then I'd rather it be taken care of yourselves." I can see the anger that flashes in his eyes as he stiffly nods his head to Alejandro who returns it with one as well. He gives me a 'don't fuck this up' look and turns away down to where he came from.

Luca grits his teeth moving out of the way for me to enter and I move closer to his bed. My sketchbook clung to me tightly as the door shut loudly. I can't help but jump in a spot which doesn't go unnoticed by Luca who apologizes quietly. Taking a seat on his bed he points down for me to follow as well and I plant myself down my palms getting sweaty.

I had an entire speech ready for this. Starting with the apology and then getting to give him real input this time. It feels like I'm pitching my idea to a sales rep which I've never had a problem with, yet right now I froze.

"Speak, Arabella. I know that Alejandro is most likely out that door right now and will be there until we speak." He places quotation marks around speak.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Luca. I really am. I shouldn't have been so ignorant with you. I had been a complete bitch to you every time you brought up your birthday. And you had been so excited so it's not my place to ever make you feel like what you want isn't important." I ramble out quickly letting it all spill out seeing him still have the passive look on his face yet they softened ever so slightly.

"Then explain it to me. Why exactly were you acting like that?" The question makes me freeze like a deer caught in headlights.

"I just don't like my birthday." I answer gruffly and he scoffs in return.