Going To New Harmony

Y/n racks her memory for Fredbears location: a town called New Haven right next to Hurricane. It won't take too long to get there, probably about 2 hours if she runs. That's from Hurricane, though. And it's just now starting to get dark. She doesn't let herself think about anything but getting out of the woods for the few hours it takes.

She mostly runs, not liking the idea of the woods after dark, although she'll be out long passed dark anyway.

She thinks as she runs, only walking when she doesn't think she can run any longer.

Was I too brash? Maybe I should have thought this out before I took off into the woods. They're probably worried.

She shakes her head, reminding herself what they said.

They think I'm too weak, that I can't handle it. I'm not just a stupid kid, I've been through hell and back, I don't like being undermined, and they need to learn not to underestimate me.

She furrows her brows, jumping over logs and hoping no cougar or bears come after her, her flashlight lighting only a few feet in front of her.

She finally arrives at Hurricane, her phone reading 8:04 P.M.

She walks down the lamp lit streets, looking for anything to guide her in the right direction.

Let's see... it was... north of Hurricane.

Y/n looks over to a steer sign, reading "N Lincoln street."

Bingo. She stands facing the direction the sign posts, and walks for about fourth minutes until she reaches the edge of town.

She pulls the hood up around her face, the cold night air nipping at her nose and cheeks. She sees a green sign, with further locations written. It reads:

La verkin: 3 miles
Toquerville: 6 miles
New Harmony: 29 miles
Salt Lake City: 291 miles

She winces at the distance. She's been to the first two towns a few times, but never new harmony. But she can't walk thirty miles in one night. Not without... bingo.

She spots a bike sitting propped against a fire hydrant, seeming to be in prestige condition.

She quickly swoops in and jumps on, riding down the highway towards her destination.

She decided to take a ride road adjacent to the interstate, which will keep her on track. She doesn't stop huffing and puffing until she reaches a town sign.

Welcome to New Harmony!

Y/n collapses at the sign, sighing in satisfaction. She made it. She pulls out a paper from her pocket, panting from exhaustion. She reads an entry.

New Harmony. Fredbears is located there, off the train tracks. You'll know once you find it.

"Thanks, Vincent. That's really helpful." She decided to call the man Vincent, since she doesn't know his real name, and it's easier than tripping over her words when explaining to someone.

She scans the area with her flashlight, trying to find a sign of tracks. She decides she probably won't be able to see them, so she might have to ask around. She gets up, but immediately falls back onto her butt. Her legs feel like jello from the hour and a half bike ride up here, but she forces herself to walk to a near by convenient store.

She walks in, being greeted by a jingle above the door, announcing her presence. She walks over to a teenager slumped over the register, who eyes her up and down as she approaches.

"Where is Fredbears?" She says, placing her hands on the counter.

"Who?" The kid glances around uncomfortably.