Episode 54

"Trying to move on"

"Trying to move on"

The sun was bright. The sky is clear.

Hanguk University finally came back to its usual liveliness as the hallways are full of students walking.

Some are walking with their friends while some are running around.

The room of Class D is empty except for Jungkook who has no idea at all about where his classmates are.

He looked out of the window. His mind wandered back to the unfamiliar memory that suddenly resurfaced in front of him when his eyes saw the bag that the girl in front of him owns.

***

"Mine's red and that's vermillion red! There's a big difference!"

***

The voice of a girl made him feel warm despite it being in a very high pitch. His heart started to beat rapidly. But either so, he is still confused at the memory that suddenly flashed yesterday. 

He doesn't know who the girl is. It's not the voice of Jangmi. And it's definitely not the voice of Hyejin. But who could it be?

The girls in his life could only be counted on one hand.

He furrowed his brows furthermore.

As he tried to probe further about the unknown memory yesterday, his head suddenly throbbed. It feels as if a huge and invisible hammer is racking his head nonstop. 

He held his throbbing head as he closed his eyes from agony. His teeth gritted as he fought the urge to scream from the sudden pain. He can't hear anything except a high pitch ringing that furthermore intensified the throbbing he feels.

The throbbing continues as he shakily reached out for the pockets of his bag. He took out a bottle that seems to be filled with painkiller tablets, and with a shaking hands and almost teary eyes with his veins popping, he hastily swallowed the medicine.

After swallowing the medicine, he rested on the table as the aching slowly went away.

Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he breathed hastily.

Whenever an unknown memory would pop off, he would always experience this and if he probe about the memory further, his head would ache on a level he can't tolerate. Whenever that happens, he would have to drink the medicine prescribed to him.

Just like yesterday. At dismissal, he tried to think about the bag furthermore but his head started to ache nonstop and he started hearing an unbearable loud and high-pitched ringing that was akin to a nonstop whistle. He could only reach out at a nearby tree for support as he slowly took out his medicine.