𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭

The day began like any other, and with it so did the mission and rising tensions

The day began like any other, and with it so did the mission and rising tensions. While the Mandalorian and Asora had woken up on particularly good sides of their beds everyone else's moods were relatively tense. The group met up in front of Boba Fett's ship, greeting each other as they all convened.

Mando spared a few passing glances towards Asora as he discussed possible plans of action for the four of them after acquiring Mayfeld. Asora offered a small smile in return, glancing over towards him whenever there was an opportunity. She was happy, she felt that her and the Mandalorian had acquired a new level of trust between them. She assured herself it was a platonic sort of confession, that there were no actual feelings behind it. It only made sense for her to know his name by now, or at least that's what she kept telling herself.

There was, however, this not-so small part of her that wished it was more than that, that it was meant as much to him as it did her. Maybe that was wishful thinking, maybe she was getting ahead of herself.

She couldn't want that, not for the both of them. There would be no outcome other than disaster for the two if that's what she truly wanted. So, she decided that she didn't, and that he didn't, and that he only really told her his name out of courtesy, out of friendship.

She couldn't have attachments anyways, is what she told herself.

This odd sense of confliction washed over her as she listened to Boba and Mando quietly drone on about god knows what. Her eyes fixated on the vast landscape around them as her thoughts lingered on her newly mixed emotions.

She couldn't keep allowing this sense of contempt for her own feelings to guide her so foolishly, to even think she was this caught up in some small confession made her frustrated. She wasn't a Padawan anymore, she didn't need her teachings drilled into her. So why did she feel like she needed a refresher? A re-justification for a way of life she'd always known.

Whatever half hazard reason she tried to muster up that sounded even a little convincing to herself was bullshit. She knew why, and she knew she had to leave soon. To push these feelings off, to refocus herself. It's not just her anymore, she has the younglings at the temple to think about. She has Luke.

But the thought of leaving him so soon left an ache in her chest, something she'd have to try to meditate on later, to reflect on.

"Asora?"

Cara's voice beckoned towards her loudly, snapping her out of her thoughtful trance. Asora's eyes flickered over towards Cara expectantly, turning her body to face her as she responded with an eager 'yes?'

"You ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"All right, let's get this show on the road then."

The small group escorted themselves onto Boba's ship, making quiet easy flowing conversation as Cara explained how to get over towards the Karthon chop fields. The group settled in as Boba pulled off his helmet, quietly navigating the ship sparing a glance behind himself towards the group before lifting off.