Matt Murdock x Reader - Doctor In Training

Y/N's P.O.V.

I first met the Devil of Hell's Kitchen when I found him unconscious outside of the door to my apartment.
I hadn't lived in the city long and I didn't know much about the vigilante, but I did know that he was trying to make the city safer.
I had pulled him into my apartment and placed him on my couch. It wasn't the comfiest thing to lay on, but there was no way I was letting my bed get covered in a stranger's blood.
Lucky for the unconscious man, I was a doctor, well, I was in my last year of medical school.
I hesitated before taking his mask off. I knew he wore it for a reason, but there was blood coming from under it and I needed to asses the damage.
I was in the kitchen when he woke up. I was making dinner and I heard him thudding around.

"Where am I?" He demanded to know, one hand on the back of my couch, the other hesitantly held out in front of me. There was a slightly panicked look on his face and my heart broke for him.
"I know you're there- I can hear you. Where am I?"

"Matt, calm down. You're safe." I spoke as softly as I could, stepping towards him. His expression faltered and I touched his hand lightly.

"Y/N?" He hesitated and I smiled sadly.
Honestly, I had only met the lawyer a handful of times, being neighbours with him, but he was more than kind to me. In fact, he was the only person in the city that made an effort to actually talk to me outside of work and school.

"Yeah, you're in my apartment. Sit down, your injuries are really bad." I lead him back to the couch, making sure he sat down.
"You were passed out outside my door, covered in blood. I did what I could to fix you up, I should have taken you to the hospital, but I didn't think you'd appreciate that too much." He looked down, almost as if he was ashamed.
"I'm going to get you a drink, stay put, okay?" I returned to the kitchen, getting a glass of water and some painkillers, before returning to Matt, who hadn't moved.
"Here. Take these, they won't help straight away, but you'll thank me later."

"Thanks." He muttered, taking the offered pills and drink, taking them quickly with a small grimace.
I moved to sit next to him on the couch, crossing my legs.
"Thank you, really."

"I was just doing my job." I smiled weakly.
"Matt you had days worth of injuries. If you want to dress up in red leather and fight criminals in your free time, that's your business, not mine, but if you get hurt, I want you to come to me, okay? I can help."

"Really?" He didn't seem completely convinced.
"You don't have questions? You don't want to know how I do it, or why? You don't want to know if I'm really blind?" There was a slight hint of anger in his tone and I knew they were questions he had been asked before.

"I'm curious, yeah. But like I said, it's your business. If you want to tell me, that's up to you." His expression softened ever so slightly.
"I've always been a supporter of Daredevil, he... you do things that the police are too scared to do." I admitted, suddenly feeling quite shy.
"If I can help you, I will, even if that means having you bleed all over the place when I patch you up." I joked lightly, causing his lips to twitch up into a small smile.

"Okay. Yeah." He nodded.
"I'll admit, stitching myself has been a bit difficult considering..." He waved his hand in front of his eyes, making me laugh slightly.
"You have a beautiful laugh." I looked down, smiling a little, not knowing how to react to the compliment.
"Sorry. I didn't-"

"No, don't be. You just caught me off guard." I looked up at him and I heard the timer going off in the kitchen. I excused myself, before going to shut it off.
"I know you probably have better things to do than hang around with me..." I began, hearing him follow me into the kitchen.
"But you've been out for hours and you need to eat. Dinner is almost ready-"

"You found me passed out in the hall and you decided to make F/M?" He asked with a small smirk and I opened my mouth, looking at him in disbelief.

"I don't think I even want to know how you knew exactly what's cooking." I muttered, making his smirk widen.
"But as I was about to say, I'll go upstairs to your apartment and get you something to change into if you'd like? Before we eat, preferably."

"You didn't answer my question." He commented, clearly amused.

"You didn't answer mine." I countered, making him laugh lightly.
"And for your information, we wasn't just going to sit around and watch you sleep like some kind of weirdo and I got hungry. I figured you'd be hungry too."

"Yeah." He spoke softly.
"And yes to a change of clothes too, if you don't mind."

I don't really know how I feel about this one :/