Chapter 1

(Y/n) is currently eating her breakfast in silence, occasionally glancing at her mother, who is just happily staring at the younger female. When (Y/n) goes back to staring at her riceballs, her mother's face changes to a worried look, "Sweetie... Try to make some friends this time, alright?" (M/n) asks with a hopeful look.

The reasons for moving were because of (Y/n) being constantly bullied, and (M/n) getting a better job offer. After all the constant bullying, (Y/n) became very shy and very introverted, she wanted to tell her mother "no". But, she looked at her mother's pleading gaze, making her feel guilty.

After all, (M/n) has done a lot for her, and she had to repay her mother somehow, "I'll try..." (Y/n) says silently, but loud enough for the older female to hear. (Y/n) continued to finish up her breakfast, but stopped once a wrapped bento is placed on the table.

"Here Sweetie, I packed you a bento!" (M/n) said, "thank you" (Y/n) spoke with a smile of appreciation. She finally finished up her riceballs, so she grabbed her bento and her bag. Double-checking she has everything, she finally starts heading towards the door.

"I'm off to school!" (Y/n) spoke with a bow of her head, "see you later" she finishes. "Bye Sweetie!" (M/n) said, watching (Y/n) rush out of the house. As the young female runs out of the house, she passes by a news report of a criminal dying, something about a heart attack.

Arriving at the school grounds, she looks up at the school only to be interrupted by someone saying "no." It sounded male, she turned to find a rather handsome brown-haired male. He is currently rejecting a cute female, "I'm sorry, but I can't accept your feelings, I have feelings for someone else" Light spoke calmly.

His statement is a complete lie, he couldn't have anyone getting in his way, he doesn't have time for love. Plus, he thought the cute popular girl is very bothersome and annoying. But, he needed to act like the good guy, so no one suspects him of being... Evil? No, he isn't evil, he is a savior to these pathetic people, ridding the world of criminals.

(Y/n) gazed away from the two, the conversation is none of her business... But, she has a bad gut feeling about the male, she knows he is lying to the female. She hopes she is wrong, and that he just likes someone else, it is none of her business if he is cruel, nice, or if he had a crush.

(Y/n) then nervously goes to look back at the male who rejected the female, only to see... 'Wait... What is that?!' (Y/n) thought as she rubbed her eyes. She is hoping her eyes are just playing with her, but when she looks again, she sees an entity floating above the guy with a creepy smile.

She watches as the entity whispers something in the male's ear, only to have it turn to (Y/n), spotting her looking right at him. Her eyes go wide at the entity looking at her, she internally started freaking out when the entity started floating towards her. When the entity stopped in front of her, Ryuk had to crouch down, in the air, to meet her gaze.

She silently gasped, making her fall to the floor with a thud, she is too frightened to speak. She has seen entities before, but most of them had many features that are worthy to look at. She calls them shadow demons because they are just plain shadow things.

"W-What are you...?" (Y/n) mumbled out quietly, not wanting to cause any attention on her first day. "Haha! So you can see me!~" Ryuk spoke, clapping his hands happily, his eyes showing a gleam in them. "This world is more fun than I anticipated!" Ryuk said while staring straight into (Y/n)'s eyes.

When he looked at them, instead of seeing (e/c) eyes, he sees pure red eyes, as if she is a Shinigami in a human disguise. Above her head, her life span is just as confusing as her eyes, making the Shinigami squint his eyes. 'How is this possible...?' Ryuk thought while looking at her lifespan.

Instead of years, or numbers, it showed question marks, above it is her name, to her relief, Ryuk started floating back over to Light. She quickly gets up, walking past the male and entity, "don't tell me she can see you" Light spoke in a small whisper while watching the (h/c) haired girl walk to the school.

"No, I think she just saw a bee and happened to look our way" Ryuk lied, the smile never leaving his face. But, Light wasn't paying attention, for some odd reason, he can't stop staring at the female's leaving figure. He is slightly relieved that he doesn't have to kill her.