Chapter 4

She continued to be at L's place, listening in on the reports with her friend, writing down important notes. The next information was how much Kira kills on weekends and weekdays. "That information is extremely relevant for us, given the times of death, our suspect could very well be a student," L said, but it wasn't L, it was (Y/n) who said that.

"Based on the fact that Kira is only killing criminals, I think this person is driven by a goal of justice, maybe even trying to be a God-like figure" (Y/n) continued, reading off her notes. "It sounds like a childish concept of right and wrong" (Y/n) finishes, noticing the impressed look L is giving her.

"Of course, this is just mere speculation at this point, but still, I suggest you re-examine any assumptions you made and ask whether or not our suspect could be a student. We must consider every possibility, I believe that is the fastest way to find and arrest Kira" L continued on for (Y/n). "Please, continue with your report" L finishes, muting himself to talk to (Y/n).

"It's such a shame that you don't want to be a police investigator, you sure you don't want to switch job careers?" L asks, but before she could answer it sounded like the report is finished. "Thank you for the help in finding Kira, before I go, I have an additional request to make," L said, unmuting himself so he could be heard.

Once the meeting has ended, (Y/n) started showing all the notes she took from the information the police gathered. "Enough of that, let's get you home before we worry your Mom," L said, taking the notes from her. "Alright, and, I don't want this career because I want to save lives, not take them" (Y/n) said seriously.

The next day, the school day went on as normal, being followed by Ryuk, and needing to do homework. During lunchtime, Light suddenly approached her, "Hey there, I was wondering if you wanted to eat with me?" Light asks, scolding himself for asking her that question.

"U-Uhm... Sure!" (Y/n) said shyly, taking her packed lunch and walking with him to a table for two students. His lunch consisted of a juice box, and a sandwich, while her lunch consisted of sushi and rice balls. While they ate in silence, Light couldn't keep his eyes off of her, studying every feature of her.

'She is... Kind of cute... Wait, what am I thinking? She sees Ryuk! I have to get rid of her!' Light thought, shaking his head lightly. But, he glances at her again, the sun rays hitting her perfectly, smoothing out her (s/c) skin, and making her (h/c) hair look soft, he had the urge to touch her hair.

"So... Kelly-" Light started, only to be interrupted, "I-I'm sorry, but... My name isn't Kelly... I-It's (Y/n)" (Y/n) suddenly blurted. "(Y/n)?" Light asked, he likes the name more than the fake one, "yeah... Sorry, I lied to you... I hope you forgive me" (Y/n) shyly said, with a sad look.

"Oh! It's fine! No need to be sad!" Light said, trying to cheer her up, he didn't like seeing her so sad, he doesn't know why. From his panic he gently takes her hands in his, going to apologize more, but stopped, his eyes widening in the newfound feeling. It was like a spark, rubbing her soft hands in his own, loving the way they fit perfectly in his hand, he doesn't want to let go.

Suddenly, the bell rang, causing (Y/n) to slip her hands out of his own, making him scowl at the bell's interference. "I-I have to head to class, p-please excuse me..." (Y/n) said shyly, picking up her stuff and quickly leaving to class. 'She is an angel... No! A Goddess, my Goddess... That will rule beside the new God!' Light thought, completely forgetting about getting rid of her.

During her time at school, her friend L continued his investigation on Kira without her. When school ended, Light decided to walk with her again. "I noticed that you're walking the same way as me, are you perhaps the new neighbor?" Light asks the female, hoping she will say yes.

"I-I am... I moved here just a few days ago..." (Y/n) said, not noticing Light's happy look while staring at her. "Well I'd like to invite you over for dinner sometime, maybe we can be friends?" Light asks, trying to play it smoothly. "A-Alright... As long as you... Answer some questions, that I have about... uh... Ryuk" (Y/n) said, turning her gaze to the flying entity.

"Of course, as long as I get to ask some questions as well," Light said with a kind smile. "Is it alright I have you over tonight?" Light asks, hoping he isn't overstepping. "I have to ask my mother, but, you can have my phone number so I can tell you if I can come over" (Y/n) suggested, making Light smirk in victory.

"Sure," Light said, they then exchange numbers, Light nicknamed her Goddess on his contacts, while she just put Light for his. Thankfully, Light can nickname her whatever he wants without her noticing, "looks like this is my stop, text me soon" Light says, waving to the girl, when he gets near his door, he secretly watches her enter her home.

That night, Light was quite disappointed when (Y/n) texted him that she can't join him tonight since they have school. But, he gets to see her over the weekend, once they are both on break, not needing to focus on school work. Meanwhile, Ryuk is quite concerned for the female, knowing she is running blindly into disaster.