Chapter 5

The next day was a little different, Ryuk didn't speak to her, but stuck around her, she got accustomed to him. Then at lunch, she would be around Light, getting to know him a bit more. Then, when school ended, she would walk with Light and Ryuk towards their home.

"Ryuk... How come you've been super silent today?" (Y/n) whispers out for only Light and Ryuk to hear. "Actually, do you two have a second?" Ryuk starts, "I already told you Ryuk, we can't talk in public" Light says, a bit annoyed that he has to repeat himself to the Shinigami.

"In that case, I'll talk, you both can listen, if you don't wanna hear me, you can plug your ears or something. First of all, I don't have anything against you both, but make no mistake, I am on no one's side" Ryuk said, quietly mumbling out "except for (Y/n)'s..." But the two didn't hear him.

"I'm not here to support you both, or give you my opinion, I'm just a spectator, but as your roommate, and (Y/n)'s friend, I might have a few things to say now and then" Ryuk finishes. "Get to the point Ryuk," Light said, not liking the Shinigami beating around the bush.

"It's just, I'm personally telling you this because it's starting to creep me out," Ryuk said with a dark chuckle. "You're both being followed by another human, he's been watching you both right now," Ryuk said to them both, making them stop in their tracks, but they kept going.

"Why is he watching us...? Did we do something wrong?" (Y/n) asks silently, reminding the two that she doesn't know that Light is Kira. "No, of course not, don't worry, if anything happens just scream," Light says, trying to comfort the female. They go their separate ways, (Y/n) shakingly going to her home, locking all the doors.

Back in Lights room, Ryuk is going over the difference between Shinigamis and humans, and how he can see lifespans and names. He didn't tell Light that (Y/n) has Shinigami-like eyes, wanting Light to figure it out himself, plus, he doesn't want (Y/n) to be involved in the murder spree.

Meanwhile, with (Y/n), she is on the ground, back against the door, she is hyperventilating. She believed she saw numbers and a name above Light's head. "I'm seeing things... Yes... Just the trick of the light..." (Y/n) mumbled out, not wanting to believe what she just saw.

The next morning, she texted Light last night that she can visit today, she is currently standing at his door. She knocks on it, a young female opening it. "Huh? Hello! Who are you?" Sayu asks, "let her in Sayu, she's my friend who is visiting today," Light says, walking down the stairs.

"Awe~ She is so cute! I ship it!" Sayu says, opening the door all the way for (Y/n) to walk through. "T-Thanks..." (Y/n) mumbles out with a blush, making Sayu squeal at (Y/n)'s shyness. (Y/n) walks up to Light, "sorry about her, let's head to my room" Light says, guiding (Y/n) to his room.

"So, now that we're mostly alone, what do you want to know?" Light asks, wanting to get to the point quickly. "Well... What is Ryuk?" (Y/n) asks, making Light look at Ryuk, then back at her, "he didn't tell you? He's a Shinigami" Light answers. "O-Oh... Uhm... Why is he following you?" (Y/n) continues.

"Not sure, he never told me" Light lies, he doesn't want to reveal his secret just yet, he doesn't want to chase her away. "T-That's all my questions..." (Y/n) mumbled out, suddenly she feels Light patting her head in comfort, she blushed, keeping her face down, not noticing the hearts in Light's eyes.

"Alright, my turn, how come you can see Ryuk? I didn't see you with a Shinigami" Light asks, quite curious of her answer, but never taking his hand off her head. "Well... I always could see things normal people can't, I never really tell anyone, but he is the first one who talks" (Y/n) said, making Light more curious.

"Really now? What do you see?" Light asks, quite intrigued along with Ryuk, "well, I call them shadow demons, they kind of very, but they are mostly shadows" (Y/n) says silently. "If you can see things normal people can't, can you see names and numbers?" Light asks.

"Ryuk asked me the same thing, I've only seen entities, not... Numbers" (Y/n) slightly lied, as she recently seen numbers, but she isn't seeing them now. Light sighs in disappointment, finally taking off his hand from her head, he was hoping she could, making her even better.

"Oh, (Y/n) do you want to go out with me tomorrow? Maybe a little date?" Light asks, trying to hook up with her. "S-Sure? B-But why me?" (Y/n) asks, knowing she isn't the prettiest girl he has met. "Well, I quite like you, and I wanted to show you a good time," Light says truthfully.

The next day, (Y/n) was told to wait at a bus stop, she is dressed in decent clothing, waiting for Light to arrive. Apparently Light is taking her to Spaceland, she has never been there, so she is quite excited. (Y/n) then notices Light, she started waving her hand to indicate that she is in their meeting spot.

"Hey Light, so what is this Spaceland like? I've never been there before" (Y/n) started, going up to him, Light then connects hands with hers. "Don't worry, I'll give you a tour, you will have so much fun" Light says with a smile, actually enjoying the contact with the female.

The bus suddenly arrives, Light allowing her to go on first, and following after her, still keeping their hands connected. "So, I heard you're really smart, do you have to cram a lot?" (Y/n) asks, while the stalker sits behind them. "I do, but luckily I scored number 1 on my entrance exam, so I have the day off" Light confirms.

The trip was long, but Light and (Y/n) kept the conversation going, getting to know each other more. Suddenly a creepy hunched guy walked onto the bus, Light gently grabs (Y/n)'s arm in a protective way. "Stay in your seats unless you want to die!" The hijacker said, hold a gun to the bus driver's head.

(Y/n) silently gasps, she has never been in a situation like this before, she started shaking, but Light silently tried to comfort her. "Everybody shut up! If anyone moves, I'll put a bullet to their head!" The hijacker said, then he started ordering the Spaceland people to bring out the money. When the bus gets there, pointing a gun at everyone.

As she is shaking more from the man pointing a gun at them, Light suddenly tapped her, showing her a paper. The note read: "(Y/n) don't be scared, as soon as he turns around I'm going to grab the gun out of his hand". "Don't be stupid, that's risky" the stalker said, moving his face close to whisper to them.

"If it comes to that, I'll take care of it," the stalker said, making Light turn around to start writing down something. "Do you have any proof you're not his accomplish? Why should we trust you?" Light asks after the stalker told him that if they are quiet enough the hijacker can't hear them.

She just wanted to see the Spaceland, not be involved in a hijacking and accusing the passengers of being buddies with the hijacker. Suddenly, the stalker hands Light his badge, showing the man is an FBI agent, not noticing the slight smirk from Light. Suddenly the gun is pointed at her, "who's this cutie here? Why don't you stand up and strip for me?" The man asks, she looked at him in terror from his demand.