𝘅𝗶. unang halik.

Chapter 11: first kiss. 

"I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about."

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

May is bored; it's been two days since Harry left for the mission, and she hasn't slept well since, owing to her mind's overthinking about the mission.

Whenever Harry went on a mission, she always went to the area where she found solace, a place where the two of them had many memories. It was a spot the two of them hadn't been together in a long time; it was always May who went there, and she assumed Harry had forgotten about it.

She apparated at the location—their place when Harry and May were still friends.

Tranquility was a word she would use to describe her current situation, with the skies covering the horizon and birds flying across it. It was a beautiful way to start her day.

A house at the top of the tree, furnished with a staircase. This was their home, where they made many memories. She climbs the steps as the wind whips through her hair, glad to return home after being away for months.

A sepia hue greets her eyes as she approaches the three house, a sepia treehouse that stores memories and the color reminds May of her love for Harry when they were friends, a sepia hue buried in the center of the forest—beautiful yet forbidden.

She opened the door and was met by a dusty floor that hadn't been swept in months. The furniture is still here, a couch in the center, a cabinet on the side with her clothing piled high in case she decided to stay here for days.

This was their home, a place where they built their trust in each other. They made sure it was strong enough, then something happened, one fell, and everything else shattered. Their foundation was not solid enough to support them, and their trust was insufficient to keep them in their home.

May gaze to the side where the door would lead you for a better view outside, she walks towards it and unlocks it, as soon as she opens it, a bright light welcomes her eyes, making her flutter shut and taking her seconds to recover from it.

She can't help but smile as she recalls something from here; it was a beautiful memory, one that was carved in her heart and buried with her soul, a recollection that replays in her head like her favorite song, the lyrics and rhythm of which she knows by heart.

But those joyous memories were quickly replaced by a lifelong anguish for which neither of them was prepared.

The color of the sky began to shift from murky pink mixed with brilliant violent, a pulchritudinous color were mixing in the sky, symbolizing that although sunset signifies the end, it also marks a new beginning with those hues giving you hope for better days.

"When are you going to ask her out?" May inquired. Harry had been talking about his crush from their fourth year all summer, and this September they would be in their fifth year. She has no idea who it was, but she knows his crush is stunning based on how he describes her.

They're standing outside the back entrance, which has a better view than the front door. They always stand here, their arms resting on the wooden bars while they marvel in the view.

She noticed Harry calling her 'May' instead of 'Maya' in the middle of their fourth year, which surprised her because he never called her that, but she didn't question him. May is intrigued by this girl, but all she knows is that Harry's crush is as gorgeous as the moon, as he usually says.