Chapter 7

The next morning, since it's still the weekend, she decided to text Light that she can hang out today. So she is currently waiting for Light to leave the house. "Hey, Light!" (Y/n) waved over, Light waving back, when he walked up to her he connected his hand with hers.

"Sorry for making you wait, my Mom wants me to drop this bag off at the police station, is that alright with you?" Light asks the female. "I don't mind!" (Y/n) beamed, not worried about the police chief calling her out, since L told them to pretend to not know her out in public.

As (Y/n) starts walking towards the train station, Light gently pulls her back, "wrong way love, the police station is that way" Light says with a chuckle. "I knew that!" (Y/n) said, ignoring the fact that she was going to the train station instead of the police station.

On the way there, Light decided to try calling his Dad, only ending up on voicemail. "Your Dad is a police officer, right?" (Y/n) asks, remembering Light bringing it up once. "Yeah, but normally he picks up," Light says with a worried look, "don't worry, maybe he is just busy!" (Y/n) says, trying to cheer up Light, which surprisingly worked.

'She is so cute when she is worried about me' Light thought while staring at the female, with love-struck eyes. "Oh look! Were here!" (Y/n) says, pointing to the police station. Light, being a gentleman, opened the door for (Y/n) and followed in after her, Ryuk jealously judging Light from behind them.

They stop to see a female begging to see the special task force, apparently, there is no one at the headquarters. (Y/n) knew this, but she pretended to be confused like Light. "I have information relating to the Kira investigation" the female replied, making Light and (Y/n)'s eyes widen.

They decided to move forward, Light presenting the bag, "hi, I'm the detective' Soichiro Yagami's son, Light Yagami. I brought my father a change of clothes, but it doesn't look like he is in, can I leave them here?" Light asks the reception desk. "Sure, hey I haven't seen you in a while, got yourself a girlfriend?" The reception guy asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry, uh..." Light says, not remembering the guy, "what? You don't remember? You helped solved the insurance fraud murder investigation" the reception dude said. "Woah, you solved a murder?" (Y/n) asks with eyes lighting up at the information, making Light blush.

"Yeah, and I might help with the Kira investigation, if all goes well, I might find him before L does," Light says with a smile. But that smile was interrupted by the female, who is still trying to contact the special task force, which annoyed Light. "S'cuse me?" Light decided to cut in, thankfully getting the female's attention.

"My father is actually in charge of the Kira investigation, if you'd like I can pass your message onto him," Light said, making (Y/n) look up at him curiously. Light continues to try and connect with the distressed female, while (Y/n) only half-listened to the conversation.

Suddenly, they start moving, Light carefully putting an arm around her shoulders so he keeps her close, while talking to the other female. 'Why is he laughing? I thought this was a serious situation?' (Y/n) questions in her mind, now regretting not listening to the conversation.

"Thank you so much," the female said, making (Y/n) more confused, they then proceed to leave the police station. "Hey, I've noticed something, Light's been helping you, yet we don't even know your name" (Y/n) pointed out. It's such a shame she didn't realize the sadistic smirk on Light's face when she said that.

But, before the two females noticed the smirk, it was gone, "you're right! I'm Light Yagami" Light introduced, "and I-I'm U-Uhm... Kelly (L/n)" (Y/n) said, using a fake name. "My name's Shoko Maki," the female said, also lying about her name, making Ryuk laugh at the lie.

They go on about how Kira kills, (Y/n) already knows all this, so she didn't dream it useful to listen to. But to Light, he sucked up the information Shoko knows like a sponge. 'Why are we walking with her? I thought we were going out to ice cream" (Y/n) sulked, but she didn't say that out loud because Light is helping the female.

"It probably would, but he is no longer alive, he was one of the twelve FBI agents who came to Japan to investigate Kira," Shoko said. "You see, he was also my fiance, while he was working he got caught up in a bus jacking, and I have reason to believe he met Kira on that bus" Shoko finishes sadly.

"I am so sorry for your loss" (Y/n) mumbles out to Shoko, noticing Kira stopping in his tracks, "thanks... Hey is something wrong?" Shoko asks Light, making (Y/n) look at Light as well. "Nothing, I'm also sorry to hear he passed away," Light said, making up a fake excuse, (Y/n) side glanced at Ryuk with a worried look.

Ryuk surprisingly gave her a reassuring look as they kept on walking, "I believe that Kira planned that bus jacking, and has planned to come into contact with my fiance" Shoko said. 'What? Kira was on the bus? Since when?' (Y/n) thought, giving an obvious panic look at the realization.

'This damn girl, she is going to make (Y/n) connect the dots, it's too soon for that, I better end this quickly' Light thought with a hidden scowl towards Shoko. He brings (Y/n) closer to his side, attempting to comfort the girl, "so the hijacker didn't die of a heart attack, and based on that, you suggest Kira has other ways of killing people?" Light asks.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that's taking a big leap of faith" Light says, trying to throw the girl off her track. Since (Y/n) was knocked out, she didn't know about the FBI giving his ID to Light, so she is still slightly in the dark. Too bad that she missed all those signs pointing to Light being Kira.