Chapter 8

'I need to tell L what I just heard today, this is a big testimony, hopefully, L will believe this idea' (Y/n) thought. 'I need to kill this girl, she could figure me out, I can't let her tell the headquarters' Light thought, not realizing that (Y/n) can tell the headquarters, the only difference, he doesn't want to kill (Y/n).

'I am so glad I met her if she'd spoken to police before I'd met her... But it seems there is a God on my side after all' Light thought in victory, 'and not just a God of Death' Light sadistically smirked, making sure (Y/n) didn't see. They continue to walk with the female, apparently helping her more.

"We need to start investigating it right away," Light said, "I'm sorry love, but this is more important than ice cream," Light says reluctantly. "I-I-It's a-alright..." (Y/n) mumbled out shyly since they are in front of a new person, "I-I want to h-help too," she says with a smile.

'As cute as that smile is, I can't let her witness the death of the female, but... I can't say no to that face... I guess I have to kill her less obviously Light thought with a sigh. "What really? Do you both mean that?" Shoko asks, bewildered that two strangers are willing to help her, but only one stranger genuinely wants to help her.

"Yes, also, sorry about her, she is a bit shy," Light says to Shoko, gently rubbing (Y/n)'s arm "so have you told anyone else about this?" Light asks. "No, you two are the only ones I told," Shoko says, making Ryuk laugh, he really wanted to comment but that would ruin the fun.

'Just because I worry for the little human, doesn't mean I can't have a little fun, I wonder what the outcome would be' Ryuk thought, still chuckling. Suddenly Light pulls out a paper and pencil, "let's get started, could you please tell me the date and time of the bus jacking incident?" Light asks.

Since he is being discrete he started to write down Shoko's death, making sure that no one finds her body, and that (Y/n) didn't see what he wrote down. Suddenly Ryuk kept laughing, it was confusing to (Y/n), while (Y/n) is turned away to look at Ryuk, he flipped the paper to actual paper, secretly stuffing the death notepaper in his pocket.

They then continued to follow the female, she is starting to feel worried, while Light just patiently waited, but nothing happened. This causes Light to look at his watch, (Y/n) taking a glance as well, wondering what time it is, apparently, it's 5:08. Ryuk continues to laugh at the situation, 'why is he laughing? Is this all a prank?' (Y/n) thought, giving Ryuk a confused look.

But Light figured it out, 'it's... An alias!' Light thought, quite annoyed that he was given a fake name. As the female passes by, (Y/n) mumbled something, making Light stare at her questioningly. "Uh, Light...?" (Y/n) asks, "what do you need (Y/n)?" Light asks while following Shoko back to the police station.

"I-I know... Ryuk said you wouldn't believe me... But... She said her name was Shoko... So... Why does it say... Naomi Misora?" (Y/n) whispers to Light, being nervous about him thinking she is strange. 'What?! She Can see her real name?! Thank you, my Goddess!' Light praises (Y/n) in his mind.

"Wait really? What did you say her name was again?" Light whispers back, needing the actual name. "Naomi... Misora, why?" (Y/n) asks, oblivious to the sadistic glint in his eyes, covered by his happy smile. "Oh, nothing too important, don't worry love, we'll be sure to figure it out when we get back to my place," Light says, patting (Y/n) on the head.

"Um excuse me, if you don't have anything to do at the police station, I'd like to go there alone, if you don't mind" Shoko, now known as Naomi asks. "Sure, no problem, I'm glad we could try and help you," Light says, not worried about her telling the police now.

As the female thanked them, they parted ways, Light lets (Y/n) walk ahead of him while he writes down Naomi's real name. "Why did you tell him?" Ryuk asks, knowing full well what will happen to that female human. "I-I trust Light, and he seemed to believe me" (Y/n) mumbled out for only Ryuk to hear.

When (Y/n) said this, she didn't notice Light looking back, watching Naomi walk the opposite way from the police station before even getting close to it. "Come on Light, let's go get ice cream already!" (Y/n) yelled out to Light, making him snap his head to her. "I'm coming! I'm coming" Light said with a smile, he is defiantly treating her to a lot of ice cream for all her help.