Chapter 12

During the hospital visit, turns out that the heart attack was just due to stress, while Light learned that Ryu is the real L. Ryu explained why Light is a suspect, while also arguing about Light joining the Kira case. Eventually, they were kicked out for visiting past visiting hours.

"Man, I'm so sorry about your Father, I hope he gets better" (Y/n) says, while all three walk out of the hospital. "Thanks (Y/n), I hope so too," Light says, giving her a head pat. "Now, Ryuga, what would it take to make you believe I am not Kira?" Light asks, "please, isn't there something?" Light begged, sounding desperate.

"If you're not Kira, it won't be necessary, the things will run their course, and the truth will be reviled," L said wisely. The conversation continued, even going so far as to deprive Light of human rights. Eventually, the conversation ended, and L left the two alone.

"So, when did you find out I was Kira?" Light bluntly asks (Y/n), turning to her with an intimidating look. "I-I Uhm... I don't know what you m-mean! Y-You're Kira?!" (Y/n) asks, forcing herself to look surprised. "Don't lie to me, I know that you know I am Kira, now tell me, who else you told?" Light asks her.

"N-No one! P-Promise!" (Y/n) announce, trying to back away from him, but he grabbed her arm to bring her close. "Good, if I find out you told anyone, I will your family, and make you watch, then I will kill you," Light says threateningly, but also lying to her, as he doesn't want to kill her.

(Y/n) started crying from the threat, Light watched with soft eyes, bringing her close to his chest, giving her a hug. "Don't worry my Goddess, if you do as I say, we can rule together in our new world" Light whispered to her. He started petting her hair, trying to calm her down, 'in due time, you will not look at me in fear, but in love' Light thought, with a smirk.

Eventually (Y/n) calmed down, and they started walking back home, "s-so... What are you... Going to do to me?" (Y/n) asks Light. "Nothing, I will do nothing, but I want you to join me" Light truthfully said, "with your power to see names, we will be an unstoppable force!" Light says psychotically, the option to join him is actually a demand.

The next night, (Y/n) slept over at Light's house, telling his family that they have been dating for a while now. They both watched the news, in (Y/n)'s opinion, it was horrifying. "Y-You did this?" (Y/n) asks him, making him chuckle while shaking his head at her. "No, but it looks like I even got God on my side now," Light says with a smirk.

"So, there's another Kira?" (Y/n) asks, "that means, there is another Shinigami in the human world. The Death Note falls into the hands of someone who believes in Kira. It's such a shame that I already have my partner, but they are also very deadly" Light concluded. 'I can probably use them as a stepping stool in my- Our success' Light thought with another smirk.

"Are you actually okay with them killing like that?" (Y/n) asks him, "no, I will not forgive them for tarnishing Kira's image with these senseless killings" Light says with an angered look. "We cannot afford to leave them alone for much longer, so now I have to join the task force, then I can keep track of L and this fake Kira" Light says, then stares at (Y/n).

'If this fake Kira so much as touch my Goddess, I will kill them with no remorse' Light thought, while bringing (Y/n) to his chest. He then places his nose into her hair, taking in her scent, calming him down. 'Don't worry my Goddess, I will protect you, and no one can replace you' Light thought with a heavy blush on his face.

The next morning, it turns out the investigation team called him to go to the hideout, and to bring (Y/n) with him. "Oh, also, you have to call me Kelly here" (Y/n) says to Light after everyone introduced their fake names to him. "You really need to come up with a better fake name (Y/n)" Light said to her.

"Now, (Y/n) please leave Light to look over the information alone, maybe make us some treats," L said to (Y/n), she nodded and left towards the kitchen. "With Kira's power?!" Soichiro asked Light with false surprise, (Y/n) just walked in with treats, so she is unsure what is going on.

"Sorry for the interruption, but I made some tea, and cookies" (Y/n) cuts in before Light can explain more. "Thank you (Y/n)" L said, as they watched her place the items on a table. "Now, what's this about a second Kira?" (Y/n) asks, "about that, I'd say this tape was not created by the Kira we're familiar with," Light said.

As Light was explaining his reasoning for his conclusion, L took a cookie from the plate. He couldn't resist sweets, especially ones made by (Y/n). "I think you're exactly right about that, we also believe this is the work of a second Kira," L said, while the policemen are surprised by Light's answer.

"Our first goal is to catch the copycat, send a message from the 'real Kira', and Light, I want you to play the part," L said, which is very ironic. "Do you think you can script a message from Kira in time to air on this evening's national news?" L asks him, causing Ryuk to start laughing.