Chapter 13

Eventually, Light finishes with his script, "I think you've done an excellent job with this" L said, while holding up the script weirdly. "However, if we don't admit the part that says, 'you're free to kill L' then I'm going to end up dead" L says a bit sarcastically, making Light laugh.

"That's not funny..." (Y/n) mumbled out next to L, taking the script from him to read it over. "Sorry, I guess I got carried away playing the part, I'd figured if I was him I'd demand that you'd be killed," Light said to L, while L gives (Y/n) a reassuring pat on the head.

"Hey, why does it say to not kill me?" (Y/n) asks, pointing to a line that says "kill Kelly, you're dead". "I was just improvising, we can change it" Light lies to both (Y/n) and L. "Sounds good," L said, after changing the script, they are finally ready to go on air, setting up the TV's to watch the interaction.

"I am Kira," the TV broadcast said in an apartment room after the announcer allowed it to air, "it worked! I'd knew he'd answer!" The fake Kira said happily. "The true Kira," the TV broadcast said after the fake Kira went silent, "the one broadcasting on Sakura TV several days ago is a pretender," the TV broadcast continued.

"A fake! The purpose of this message is to communicate my will to this imposter, I have chosen to communicate with him. Only because I believe he wishes to cooperate with me in the creation of the new world. But I want to make it absolutely clear that the taking of innocent lives is against my will" the TV broadcast said.

"This person claiming to be me is truly sympathetic to my cause and wishes to be of some help. I ask two things of you: that you refrain from killing aimlessly, and that you agree to abide by basic principle" the TV broadcast finishes, sort of. "Yay! Now, where is that damn recorder?" Misa said, also known as the fake Kira, while the TV goes on in the background.

"What are you planning to do?" Rem asks, who is another Shinigami, "uh, hello? Did you really need to ask? I'm going to reply to him of course" Misa said stupidly while shuffling through her bag, ignoring the TV. Meanwhile, Rem is looking at the Misa with worry, and doubt.

~Several Days Later~

Suddenly they get a call from Watari, "Ryuzaki, we got a replay from the second Kira" Watari said, stopping the 4-way conversation between L, Light, (Y/n), and Soichiro. They all gathered around the computer, L goes to sit down, bringing (Y/n) with him, while the rest stand.

"Kira, thank you for your reply, please do not worry, I will follow orders and do as you say," the recorded message says. "This Kira is a bit dumb..." (Y/n) mumbled out, thankfully only Light and L briefly glanced at her. 'She is right, 'I will do as you say' huh? This guy is going to be no help at all, good thing my Goddess is nothing like this fake' Light thought.

"I really want to meet you... I don't think you have the eyes" the computer recording said, making Light shocked. "But you don't have to worry, I will never try to kill you, that's a promise" this only further proves (Y/n)'s thought of how dumb the fake is. "Ryu, are you alright?" (Y/n) asks as she notices that his pupils are smaller, and breathing frantically.

"Please tell you how I can meet you without the police knowing, you'll think of something. When we meet we can confirm our identities by showing our Shinigamis to each other" the computer recording finished, making L gasp. "Ryu calm down!" (Y/n) said as L started screaming, and then he started leaning her way, tipping the chair to the side.

"AH!" (Y/n) screamed as they both hit the floor, the two police check up on (Y/n) while Light goes to check on (Y/n). "Shinigami? Am I supposed to believe that? That Shinigami actually exist?" L said surprised, while Light helps (Y/n) off the ground and glared at L for causing (Y/n) harm.

After checking (Y/n) for any injuries, Light then jumps back into the conversation, "yes, that's right Ryuzaki, listen to yourself. Of course, Shinigami don't exist" Light said, making L shakingly look at Light "I suppose you're right, but I remember the real Kira wrote something about the existence of Shinigami" L said.

"Also, sorry if I hurt you, Kelly, I was just surprised," L said to (Y/n) with a genuine regret look. "I'm alright Ryu" (Y/n) said with a sweet smile, to show she forgives him. As an argument about the fake and real Kira goes on between the policemen and Light, (Y/n) heads to L to help calm him down.

"No, I say that's unlikely," L said, standing up after (Y/n) helped calm him down, pushing the chair back up. "It's as Light says if the two Kiras were connected. I don't think he would be so willing to give up on his plan to kill me" L said while sitting back down, and letting (Y/n) sit on the armrest.

At the end of their conversation, L decided to leave the fake Kira to the real Kira, believing the results would be fun to witness. 'Hopefully, this fake doesn't convince Light that I am useless, and decides to kill me off' (Y/n) thought, while watching Light's reaction to the conversation.