Chapter 14

She is currently sitting at the restaurant that Light took L to, across from her is Light. "This isn't good, this second Kira is a liability, he is so careless" Light ranted to (Y/n) about the fake Kira. "It's only a matter of time before he slips up, and when he does, the police will be waiting" Light continues.

"Then, what do you plan to do?" (Y/n) asks, as a female walks behind Light, while Light takes a sip of his drink. "I'm not sure, we have to contact them without L noticing anything" Light whispers to (Y/n), luckily no one heard him. 'I wonder, what kind of person you are, imposter' Light thought while glaring at nothing.

it's such a shame that Light didn't notice (Y/n) glancing at the blond, who is in the back. Recently (Y/n) can fully see lifespans, and full names, so she knows who the second Kira is. 'I wonder what Light would do if I didn't tell him, that the second Kira is right behind him' (Y/n) schemed in her head.

It's now the evening, she is currently walking with Light, with Ryuk flying behind them. "Light, (Y/n), listen to the message from the second Kira" Soichiro said on the phone. "A journal? What is that idiot up to now? Why can't he just wait?" Light ranted to (Y/n) once Soichiro hung up.

"I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a good thing" (Y/n) said back, while heading towards the hideout for the police. When they finally made it, Light was given a paper that held the journal information. (Y/n) peaked over Light's shoulder to also read it, (Y/n) didn't understand the journal since she isn't a genius, but the information made Ryuk laugh.

"What do you think? Is it real?" L asks once he believes they read through it. "Well, either I'm stupid, or the fake is stupid" (Y/n) said while pointing at herself then the journal entry. "You're not stupid, the fake is" Light reassures her, not liking the fact she called herself stupid.

This leads to an argument about canceling the game or not, "to be honest, it's so stupid" L said, while eating a chocolate (Y/n) made earlier. "I'm not even sure how to deal with this whole situation anymore if we make the diary public, then we're forced to make some kind of televised announcement canceling the game on the 30th" L said, taking a seat on the couch.

"But, if we don't broadcast it, the second Kira won't do anything" (Y/n) pointed out, while taking a seat on the armrest next to L. This causes the other 3 policemen to sit down as well, while Light stands. "Won't canceling the game make him angry? There is no telling what he will do" The younger policeman said.

"Frankly, that's not a big concern," L said, basically agreeing with (Y/n)'s argument, "from what we witness, it's safe to say the second Kira admires the real one. He gave word to the Kira we invented, that he'd refrain from killing aimlessly" (Y/n) said, while reading off a note pad she had in her pocket.

Then he turned to look towards Light, "I say, we make it public, and we air an announcement canceling the game. At the same time, we'll announce on May 30th, we're going to set up checkpoints on all roads leading to the Tokyo Dome, and finally. We'll send a response from our invented Kira, something like: 'I understand, and I agree to meet you there'" L says, hoping to finish the argument.

"Ryuzaki, you don't honestly believe he will go there if we set up checkpoints around the Dome do you?" Soichiro asks doubtfully. "I don't think Kira would even consider it, but it's possible the other one might," L said, not giving the fake much credit in their abilities or intelligence.

"It all depends how stupid he really is," L said harshly, "however, assuming he is not actually the idiot we think he is. There could be another message hidden in this diary, one that is not so obvious" L said, using his gifted brain to possibly backfire Light's plans. "If there is a message here, written in some code that only people who have this... Shinigami powers can understand" L said thoughtfully.

"There would be no way for me to decipher it... Still, it will only make sense to look into all the places that were mentioned in the Journal" L said, while rereading the journal. "Let's keep an eye out for people with notebooks in Aoyama, and people in clothing stores in Shibuya" L finishes, making Light plan out ways to get to the fake first.

"I should probably go-" The young officer started, only to be interrupted, "No, me and (Y/n) can go to Aoyama, we can pretend to be a couple there" Light jumps in, not wanting to be separated from his Goddess. "But... Light" Soichiro said, making Light look to his Father, "I'll be alright, don't worry, Aoyama and Shibuya are places I go to anyways," Light said trying to convince his Father.

"Not to mention, out of all of us, we'd probably look the most natural hanging out in a crowd" Light continues to try to convince his Father. "Besides... The second Kira will be there looking for Kira, not for the police" while he is convincing his Father, L is staring at Light with a glare, he doesn't like the idea that (Y/n) will be with Light.

It's now late at night, and (Y/n) is once again walking with Light back home, somehow Light convinced both his Father and L to do the mission with (Y/n). Suddenly (Y/n) receives a call, Light gives her a nod to let her take it out, she does and puts it on speaker.

"Hello?" (Y/n) asks the phone, "It's Ryuzaki, love, when you two are working together I want you to keep a close eye on Light the entire time. Please keep this between you and me" L says on the phone, not knowing that Light is listening. "Uhm... Sure...?" (Y/n) said, well more like asked, as she's been hanging out with Light a lot.

"Please, be careful around him, I don't want you getting hurt," L said with worry, "I'll be alright, thank you for the concern" (Y/N) said softly, trying to reassure him, ending the phone call. 'That bastard, she doesn't need to fear me! I will protect her, and in the end, she will be afraid of you L!' Light thought while glaring at her phone.