Chapter 17

"So... Just friends? Alright, I guess that's a good start, well now that we talked about that. Could you show me your Shinigami? I really want to see him" Misa said once Light stopped hugging her, not noticing (Y/n) on Ryuk's lap. "Yeah, sure, could you please turn around?" Light asks her while slipping out his wallet.

"Alright," Misa said, turning around for Light, "you can turn back now," Light said once he tapped Misa with a piece of paper. "Okay," Misa said, when she turned around Ryuk decided to be in front of her face, while (Y/n) is next to Light. "hey there, how's it going?" Ryuk asks like it's a normal thing.

While Ryuk and Misa are greeting each other, Light decided to pull (Y/n) in front of him to hug her from behind. "Oh, by the way, Light, darling, do you know how to kill a Shinigami?" Misa asks Light, ignoring the fact that (Y/n) is in front of Light. "Please don't call me darling..." Light said with a glare, "fine, mind if I call you knight instead?" Misa asks.

"Cuz, you're like, my knight and shining armor you know" Misa flirted, trying to be cute. "Not that either, just stick with Light," Light said to Misa, not liking the flirt. "What can I call you then?" (Y/n) asks Light, cutting into the conversation, "hm... How about 'my God'? Or 'my King'?" Light said with a smile, hoping she will take his suggestions.

"If you go with 'my King', I can call you 'my Queen'" Light flirted with her, making her blush and Misa angry. 'Don't flirt in front of me!' Misa thought with a glare, but for some odd reason, it was towards Light. 'Wait, why am I glaring at him? I should be mad at her! She's taking him from me!' Misa thought, switching her glare to (Y/n), but it didn't feel right.

"So... If a Shinigami has feelings for a human and kills someone else in order to extend that human's life beyond its natural end, the Shinigami will die?" Light asks, summing up the whole explanation, he is once again sitting down with (Y/n) on his lap. "That's right" Misa confirmed and made Ryuk laugh, "good luck finding a Shinigami who will volunteer to do that" Ryuk said.

'Though I won't tell him I will do that for (Y/n), I'll let him believe I won't do something like that' Ryuk thought in amusement. "That's true, I can't see you ever doing that" Light said to Ryuk, not knowing about the irony of Ryuk's thoughts. "By the way, where did you send all those tapes from? The ones that went to the TV stations?" Light asks Misa.

"Let's see, Aosaka the first time, then Tokyo, this other one from Nabano, I took the bullet train every time, so that way the police couldn't pinpoint my location," Misa said while putting a finger to her chin. "Alright, one more thing, do you still have the videotapes and envelopes with your friend's fingerprints on them?" Light asks.

Misa nods her head while making an agreeable "ah-huh" to show that she still has those items. "Well, you have to dispose of everything that was used to create those videotapes, understand?" Light asked, well more like demanded. "But before you do... I need you to send one last video, and make sure it's from a place you haven't used yet" Light ordered Misa.

"It should say... 'I've decided to stop searching for Kira, and I'd like to thank the police department for all of its advice. However, I still plan to help Kira in his mission, and I hope that in time he will come to see me as an ally, I will start by punishing criminals that Kira has yet to judge'" Light said with a thoughtful look, planning out his words precisely.

"'Also, I will share my power with others who I feel are worthy, and I will encourage them to do the same. Together we'll make this world a better place'" Light finishes. "Share your power?" (Y/n) asks, not liking the fact that there could be more Kiras. "We'll just add that part to throw off their investigation, you already know that they suspect two people with these powers, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume there are others," Light said to (Y/n).

"Can you do this?" Light asks, looking at Misa since she will be sending the message, "no need to ask, just tell me what to do, and I'll do it, I don't care what it is, cuz I'll do anything for you" Misa said, and sort of flirted towards Light. "There is one more thing, which is very important," Light said, "what's that?" Misa said with excitement.

"If you get arrested by the police, or if you ever brought in for questioning, you can never mention anything about us, or the Death Note" Light said seriously. "As long as they don't get a hold of that notebook there is no proof that you've done anything, can you promise to say nothing?" Light asks Misa.

"I promise," Misa said with her hand raised like she is at a courthouse to swear the truth. "So this must mean that we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend now! Aren't we?" Misa asks, forgetting that Light already has a girlfriend sitting on his lap. "No, I already got a girlfriend, I don't want to be seen as unloyal" Light says with a slight growl.

"But, why do you even need her?! I'm loyal! I'll do anything for you-" Misa started only to be interrupted by Light. "Enough, (Y/n) is my girlfriend and that is final, and don't think about killing her either," Light says to Misa with hate. 'How dare she suggest she replace my Goddess?!' Light thought, while possessively bringing (Y/n) closer to his chest.

"Then, I'd like to hang out with you at least once a week!" Misa said, trying to lighten up the mood. 'Unbelievable, she still doesn't get it!' Light thought, getting more mad, "we can't!" Light basically yelled, but not too loudly, and he made sure to shout away from (Y/n)'s ear.

Misa gasped in shock, "but... Why?!" Misa said with a frown, making Light sigh, "it looks like I'm going to have to spell this out, for you. L already suspects that I'm Kira, do you see what I'm saying here?" Light asks, hoping that he doesn't have to repeat himself a third time.

"No way! L is amazing, I mean... Everyone's been saying he's been getting nowhere with the investigation, and he's a complete idiot and stuff" Misa said quite surprised by the new information. "But he already knows that much?" Misa asks rhetorically, making (Y/n) pout at the insult that Misa tossed at L.

"Anyway, it all has worked out for me because thanks to that, I've also been able to get close to L," Light said while noticing (Y/n) frowning. In hopes of removing her frown, he pushes his nose into the crook of her neck and licks it. "Ah~! Light! Stop this is a serious conversation!" (Y/n) said with a slight moan from the sensation, making Light blush and making Misa angry.

'Ugh! She's lucky that Kira needs her, otherwise, she would be dead for touching my Light!' Misa thought with a glare towards (Y/n). 'Can't she see that I love her more than the world?!... Wait, did I say 'her'?! I love Light, not her!' Misa thought, now conflicted with her own feelings.