Chapter 25

Seventh Day of Confinement

"Light, you've only been here for one week, I'm sure it can't be easy, are you feeling alright?" L asked Light. But, they were only met with silence, suddenly he lifted his head, "yeah, I know I must look pretty bad in here, but this useless pride. I suppose I have to, get rid of it" Light said suddenly.

Suddenly Ryuk untangled himself from his weird handstand, along with twisting his body back into place. Ryuk then looms over Light, staring at him for a moment, "got it" Ryuk said then he suddenly faded into the wall "later" Ryuk said before he faded away.

Suddenly (Y/n) sees Ryuk standing next to her, and Light's dark look turns into one of confusion. Then he started to look around the prison with a confused look, "Ryuzaki? I realized that I was the one pushing for confinement and that I asked you to put me in here... But I just realized, something important, this whole thing is completely pointless!" Light said.

"Because I'm not Kira! You have to get me out of here!" Light demanded, confusing L, the police, and (Y/n). (Y/n) then looked towards Ryuk for an answer, "he relinquished ownership of the notebook, so he doesn't remember me, or the notebook" Ryuk said to (Y/n).

"I can't do that, I promised you that no matter what you said, I wouldn't let you out until I was convinced you are not Kira," L said to Light. "Please L, I wasn't thinking clearly! Do you really think a serial killer like Kira could commit those crimes without being aware of them?!" Light asks, quite certain that he might've been unconscious.

"If I have no memory of his crimes, I'm not him!" Light said with certainty, "I've never been able to accept this idea. That Kira has been acting without self-awareness all this time, but that doesn't change the fact that all the evidence points to you being Kira, since we imprisoned you, Kira hasn't committed a single murder" L said to Light.

"Listen! Just hear me out! I swear to you! I am not lying! You have to believe me! I AM NOT KIRA! I must've been framed! That's the only explanation of this!" Light said while begging for his innocence. "YOU HAVE TO LET ME OUT! WE'RE WASTING TIME!" Light yelled towards the camera.

"Light, we can't let you out yet..." (Y/n) said through the mic, "(Y-Y/n)? (Y/n)! Please tell him I'm not lying! Please! Help me!" Light said towards (Y/n), but quite happy that (Y/n) is there. "Light..." (Y/n) mumbled, "what the hell is going on? This isn't like Light at all," the older policeman said.

"He's contradicting himself, it doesn't make any sense to me," the older policeman said with confusion. "Well, we can't release him now that the murders have stopped, it doesn't matter what he says. I mean... Even I know that much" the younger policeman said.

Fifteenth Day of Confinement

"What's going on?!" The younger policeman said, barging through the door out of breath. "I just heard! Two weeks' worth of criminals were just murdered all at once! It happened yesterday!" The young policeman said. 'So that's why Ryuk wasn't following me yesterday... Damnit Light' (Y/n) thought with a frown.

"Yeah... Kira is back" the older policeman said while holding a newspaper of the latest incident. "So, did you guys already tell the chief?!" The young policeman said, getting close to the older policeman's face. "No, not yet..." (Y/n) said for the policeman, making the younger one run to the mic.

"Guess what chief?! Kira started killing again!" The young policeman said a bit too happily for (Y/n)'s liking. "It looks like Kira was only resting! But now he started punishing criminals again!" Matsuda said, (Y/n) really needs to stop referring them to younger policemen and older policemen.

"Is that true? Matsuda?" Soichiro asked in a tired voice, "then... That means my son... I shouldn't be happy that people have been killed. But, at least Light's name will finally be cleared, wait... Knowing Ryuzaki, this won't be enough to clear him" Soichiro said reluctantly.

This made everyone look at L waiting to see what he says about all this, "well... He's in the grey" L said. "Did you hear what he just said chief?!" Matsuda said into the mic, "yeah... It's a hell of a lot better than being completely guilty, thank God" Soichiro said with a relieved sigh.

"I'm sure as greys go, he's a shade closer to being cleared!" Matsuda said happily, then he muted the mic, "let's tell Light!" Matsuda said with a smile, his hand going towards the mic, but L slapped it away. "Matsuda!" L said, making Matsuda stumble back, "I mean... Please don't, Mr. Matsuda" L said, after calming down a bit.

"We shouldn't tell him about this," L said, his hand still raised from hitting Matsuda's hand. "why not?" (Y/n) asks for Matsuda, quite curious for an answer. "Hello, Light?" L asked through the mic while ignoring (Y/n)'s question. "What is it Ryuzaki?" Light asked, while his head is down to his knees, "you've been in here just over 2 weeks, and not a single new criminal has been punished, now why make this harder than this has to be? Are you ready to confess?" L asked.

'Oh, I see, he's trying to back Light into a corner... It's a shame that Light doesn't remember anything about being Kira' (Y/n) thought, not realizing she is losing her chance to be an eyewitness. "Don't be ridiculous, I'm telling you, you're wrong! I understand why you feel that way! But even if the evidence does point to me, I swear to you this is a setup!" Light said.

"I AM NOT KIRA!" Light yelled, glaring at the camera for accusing him of being something he isn't. "Zoom in on me if you want! Go ahead! Look at my eyes! You tell me! Do these look like the eyes of someone who's lying?!" Light demanded, but he didn't receive an answer.

"Amane? Are you ready to tell me who Kira is? Or not?" L asks the female, "huh? That again? I wish I knew! But I don't. Because if I did, I'd thank him for punishing the burglar who killed my parents, to me, Kira is a her" Misa said with certainty, this causes L to be confused about the situation that is playing out.