Chapter 35

"What are you talking about? As long as we're joined by these, we would die together anyways" Light said, holding up his cuffed wrist. But, then he gasped, realizing L's true intentions, "I see... Ryuzaki, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to tell everyone what you're really thinking right now" Light warned.

"Huh? What do you mean Light?" (Y/n) asks obliviously, going back to being a dumbass. "He thinks that if I am Kira, then there are two possibilities, either I'm just pretending I'm not him and putting on an act. Or Kira's power has passed on from me to someone else, and I have no memory I was Kira in the first place, he's trying to determine which one is the truth" Light said.

Sadly (Y/n) does know the truth, but she doesn't have any proof to back it all up, so she stays quiet. "The first theory, if I am putting on an act, he would never remove these handcuffs" Light admits while looking down at his cuffed wrist. "No, even if I wasn't pretending to be innocent, I'm sure he still wouldn't take them off," Light said.

"In other words, I wasn't being controlled at all, he thinks it was a plan, to arrange to pass on the power then come back to me once I've been cleared," Light said, obliviously giving away his own plan, so ironic. This made Ryuk laugh, making (Y/n) jump slightly, she forgot that Ryuk is following her around.

"Are you alright (Y/n)? I saw you jump and look at that wall" Matsuda said, catching Light and L's attention. "I'm alright Matsuda, just thought I saw a bug" (Y/n) lied, and offended Ryuk, but still got some worried glances from Light and L. "Correct," L said, taking the attention off (Y/n) to confirm Light's theory.

"Taking on the identity of L, having the power to control the police in every country, while being Kira in secret, it's ideal," Light said, saying what (Y/n) thought out loud. (Y/n) quickly stands up, and starts walking to the stairs, but is stopped by a grip on her wrist, "where are you going (Y/n)?" Matsuda asked.

Once again, this catches Light and L's attention, waiting for her answer. "I'm heading to my room, I'm done with this conversation about death, and Kira, so please let go" (Y/n) said kindly. Matsuda lets go of her wrist, letting her walk up the stairs and out of sight.

Light and L plan to comfort her later, but they go back to the subject at hand, not wanting to disturbed the girl and her alone time. In reality, (Y/n) didn't head to her room, she decided to head to Misa's room, she hasn't seen the female in a while and wanted to check on her.

She knocks on Misa's door, "coming!!" Misa yelled out, then opened the door to see (Y/n). "(Y/n)! What are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here! Come in!" Misa said quickly, letting (Y/n) through the door. "I wanted to check up on you, you haven't been out of your room in a while, are you alright?" (Y/n) asked her.

"Awe! You care about me! That's so sweet!! But I'm fine, just bored, I got nothing to do!" Misa complained while flopping onto the couch. "Well, I can keep you company, I bet right now L and Light are fighting again" (Y/n) said with a chuckle, it wasn't that funny, but imagining the funny faces they make when being hit is hilarious to think about.

"I hope not! Hey, you're friends with Ryuzaki, why is he so weird?" Misa asked her, which made her confused. "I am, but how is he weird?" (Y/n) asked, wanting more details. "I mean, he just never let us have a 3-way date! He is such a perv! Watching my every move! Creepy!" Misa said with a shudder, making (Y/n) laugh.

"Hey! Don't laugh!" Misa said with a pout, "sorry, sorry, it's just, L being creepy is a funny thought" (Y/n) said, then she hunched her back to look like L. "Hmmm... I'm L, I like sweets, and I like spying on Misa" (Y/n) said, trying to impersonate L's voice. "HAHAHA! That is so him!! HAHA" Misa said while laughing, they both didn't hear the door open.

When Misa stopped laughing they hear a silent cough, "is that supposed to be me?" L asked, making the two females look towards L. "Ah... M-Maybe" (Y/n) said with a blush, quickly standing up straight, "I'm not that hunched..." L mumbled out, making (Y/n) confused.

"Light! I didn't know we were supposed to have a 3-way date!" Misa said, interrupting (Y/n)'s confusion. "Oh right, I should've known..." Misa said in disgust, but L got to the point. "Misa Amane," L said, dragging Light along unwillingly, making (Y/n) chuckle at Light.

"Tell me, do you love Light from the bottom of your heart?" L asked while leaning close to Misa's personal space. "Huh? Uh... Yeah! Of course, I do!" Misa exclaimed, caught off guard from the question. "You also worship Kira, don't you?" L asked, "well, yeah..." Misa said, only to have L go into her personal space again.

"So then, if you had to choose between Light and Kira," L said, while Light is trying to tug L off the couch, "who would you pick?" L asked. "What?! That's obvious! Of course, it's going to be Light!" Misa exclaimed, running towards Light, and taking (Y/n)'s arm to drag her with her to go behind Light for protection.

"I'm really grateful to Kira, and want to meet him someday in person, but that's not true love! I definitely choose Light, and (Y/n)" Misa said while including (Y/n), hugging both Light and (Y/n)'s arm somehow. "But your precious Light is planning to catch Kira, isn't that right?" L asks Light for confirmation.

"Well, yes of course I am" Light confirmed, making L get close to Misa again, making her gasp and gently push (Y/n) and Light away, hugging them protectively. "He says he wants to catch Kira, now what will you do?" L asks, "well, if that's what Light says, then I'm going to support him no matter what," Misa said, being a good loyal girlfriend.

"I see... So if you were given the opportunity to work with Light in this investigation, would you take the offer?" L asked, (Y/n) didn't like what L might be thinking. "What?! Ryuzaki" Light said, also disliking what L might be thinking, "yeah! Of course, I would! I would do anything I could to help Light and (Y/n)" Misa admitted.

"Wait... Misa, hold on a second" (Y/n) said, gaining Misa's attention, "Ryuzaki... Where are you going with this?" (Y/n) asked L. "I'm planning to have Aiber pose as Alrodo Coil again, he'll tell the Yotsuba members that, 'while he was investigating L, he discovered that Misa Amane might know who he is'" L said.

"He will also tell them that, 'L brought her in for questioning, for suspicion that she is the second Kira," L said, bringing back memories of Misa being locked away in a cell. "That part is true..." Misa committed, "if the Yotsuba Group believes that Misa could be their lead to finding L, then they will say they want to meet her to disgust their advertising campaign," L said.

"They'll use that opportunity to question her... Thanks to Matsuda's screwup, they may already be considering Misa as their new spokesperson, so this could work" L said, blaming only Matsuda for the screwup. "I don't like that idea..." (Y/n) said honestly, "why not?!" Misa asked, she thought it was a good idea.

"I agree with (Y/n), this plan is too risky, who knows what could happen to you," Light said to Misa. "Oh wow! Does that mean you two are worried about me?! YAY!" Misa yelled, giving (Y/n) and Light a hug. Light sweatdrop, not liking the affection, while (Y/n) is blushing at the contact.

"But don't worry! I don't mind doing something like this if it's for you Light, and (Y/n)" Misa said while remembering that (Y/n) is also on the investigation team. "Listen Misa... If they suspect that you know who L really is, we don't know how far they will go to get that information" Light said while placing his hands on Misa's shoulders.

"No problem! I promise I won't say anything! Even if they torture me!" Misa said, "I can attest to that" L said, pointing out that Misa would go through with her words. "Guys, I came here to get away from the murder and Kira conversation, not be brought back into it, I'm going to my room, for real this time" (Y/n) said, making Misa "Awww" in disappointment, they all watched (Y/n) leave towards her room.