Chapter 37

Currently (Y/n) is standing next to Light, they are both listening to Misa talking about something random. "Misa... How did you get Higuchi to confess?" Light asked, once Misa stopped talking, "easy, that guy is totally in love with me. All I had to do was tell him I'd marry him if he was really Kira, plus, I managed to convince him I'm the second Kira" Misa said.

"Misa..." (Y/n) started, only to be interrupted by Light, "Misa, you idiot! Didn't I tell you to deny all that?!" Light said angrily. "B-But, now we know Higuchi's Kira, right? So what's the problem? Can't we just catch him?" Misa asked, quite oblivious to the issues she is causing.

"Misa... You're contradicting yourself, you say you will do anything for me and Light, along with showing you're a bigger suspect of being the second Kira" (Y/n) said to Misa, "she's right Misa, and right now, we still don't know exactly how he kills his victims," Light said, agreeing with (Y/n)'s statement.

"Precisely, before we more to arrest Higuchi, I want to find out how he kills people," L said while flicking the treat against two other treats. "If the criminals stop dying, hopefully, we can figure it out before it starts up again, unless we have another plan in mind" (Y/n) said, her brain being smart for once.

"Yes, but even if we arrest Higuchi, we're not going to do it until we are certain that criminals have stopped dying, let me think about this for a moment..." L said, and everything went silent, waiting for him to stop thinking. "Wedy? An update on the current situation please" L said after ringing up Wedy.

"Everything's going smoothly, we should be able to track 70% of their movements, using our cameras, inside the office building" Wedy reported through the phone. "What of the outside main office?" L asked, "that's not going to be possible with just Watari and me," Wedy said.

"What if you focused only on Higuchi?" L asked, making (Y/n) realize what he is possibly planning. "Higuchi? I've only been able to enter the houses of 5 of the men so far. But Midou, Namikawa, and Higuchi, all have super high-tech security systems, especially Higuchi" Wedy said.

"He recently constructed a dampening room, that shuts out any electronic waves, it took me 2 days just to break into the place" Wedy explained, making Higuchi more suspicious. "This guy sure does sound suspicious" Matsuda stated the obvious, "hmmm, alright, then begin installing microphones, trackers, and cameras, but not in the house. Instead, just put them in every car" L said casually.

"What?! After getting this far?! Uh- Do you know how difficult it is to break into someone's house?! Besides, do you have any idea how many cars this guy has?!" Wedy asked, quite annoyed that she has to do the cars and not the house. "He has 6" L answered, even though it was a rhetorical question, making Wedy sigh in frustration.

"Fine then, I just have to install them in all his cars, right?" Wedy asked, making sure this is her mission. "Yes, thank you" L confirmed while licking his fingers from eating some cake. "Light, I'm sorry to keep coming back to this topic... I'll just get right to the point" L mumbled out the last bit.

"What is it?" Light asked, most likely knowing what L is going to ask. "Do you remember? Killing anyone, I mean" L asked suddenly, which surprised Light. 'I thought he would ask about Misa being the second Kira since she is being shady' (Y/n) thought, not expecting L's question.

"Are you still going on about that?! Look, I'm not Kira! How many times do I-" Light announce loudly, only to be cut off by L. "I just wanted you to answer the question, well? Do you remember?" L asked, quite annoyed that he is getting yelled at for a simple question. "No. I don't" Light said without hesitating, "Misa? What about you?" L asked, "I don't remember! How could I? Cuz, I'm not Kira!" Misa announced, quite annoyed that she is being accused.

"Look Light, please listen to what I'm about to say," L said after receiving their answers. "I'd like you to thoroughly analyze my current theory, this could determine the way in which we end up catching Kira," L said, trying to reason with Light in listening to him.

Everyone stayed silent, showing that they are all listening to L's idea, including Light. "Light Yagami, you used to be Kira, Kira's power has somehow passed on to another person. Light Yagami now has no memory of ever being Kira, I need your analysis based on these assumptions, do you think you can do that for me?" L asked, giving a good theory to think about.

"Yeah... I'll give it a try..." Light said reluctantly, based on the sigh before he spoke, then there was another deafening silence. "Light Yagami used to be Kira, Kira's power has somehow passed on to another person, was that because Light Yagami wanted it to happen? Or was there someone else in control of Light? Lurking in the background, who gave him the power? Was it that person that passed Light's powers to someone else?" L asked, unknowingly being completely right.

"Giving your premise, it would be my will," Light said after thinking it over briefly, "yes... Of course, if there is a third party. With the ability to bestow or transfer Kira's power, and didn't want their method to be discovered. It makes no sense they would wait so long to transfer it from you to the next Kira" L said, giving a valid point.

"If we believe if it's the work of some being, watching us from above, then we'd have to accept that they are impossible to catch. Not to mention, I would already be dead, or at the very least, I'm being made to be a fool, by eternally dancing in the palm of someone's hand, it's highly unlikely such a being exist" L said darkly, not knowing of the said being watching.

'Hear that Ryuk? Apparently, you don't exist,' (Y/n) thought with a chuckle, seeing Ryuk with an offended look, but also amused. "Thank you Light, I can now say that I feel 99% better," L said to Light, ending on a positive note to their dark conversation.