Chapter 38

"We'll create a situation where Higuchi won't be able to pass his power to anyone else, we'll have him show us how he kills," L said, while Watari brings over a plate of sweets. "So, what are we going to do?" (Y/n) asked, while Light's arm is around her waist. "I'm going to trick Higuchi using Sakura TV" L answered, "like a hidden camera show!" Matsuda said excitedly.

"We'll use the Kira's special when the Yamigawa airs every week, we'll book a 3-hour time slot. It would be announced that Kira's identity will be revealed near the end of the special" L said, making Matsuda a little confused. "Would anyone actually buy that though? This is Sakura TV after all, for all we know, Higuchi might not even watch that program" Matsuda said.

"We can have Namikawa to call in and say, 'this is bad, turn on your TV,' or something like that" (Y/n) suggested, thinking it's a smart idea to get Higuchi to watch the special. "Once he realizes the special guest on TV is someone who knows his secret, he will take action" Light added in, liking (Y/n)'s idea.

"Oh! I get it! So we'll be using Aiber then! He'll reveal that he was a spy all along!" Matsuda concluded, believing that they will use Aiber for this plan. "No, I'm afraid you're incorrect, we will not be using Aiber" L said, while taking a bite of the sweets.

"Whoever appears on the show, has to be someone who Higuchi believes he will be able to kill. In other words, it has to be someone whose name you can make up easily" L said while turning to look at Matsuda, which caused everyone else to look at him as well.

"But, we're never going to find someone like that! Are we?" Matsuda said obliviously, "you're the only one who can do it," Light said, ignoring the fact that (Y/n) can take the position as well. "But... Can't (Y/n) do this as well?" Matsuda pointed out, but L and Light ignored it.

"Higuchi probably thinks that you were listening in on their meeting, and overheard their plans to kill people. it would make sense that Misa's manager, who he thought was dead was the one revealing his secret" Light said, giving more reason why Matsuda should reveal it.

'Sorry Matsuda, but I will not sacrifice my (Y/n) in this plan, it has to be you' Light thought with some regret, but sacrifices must be made. "That's right, we'll have Sakura TV to use a voice filter and frost on the glass to protect your identity," L said, agreeing to Light's idea, while also thinking the same thing as Light.

"Higuchi will probably realize from the announcement and the silhouette that it's the manager, Taro Matsui, and just to make sure. We'll have the studio mess up, and accidentally reveal your face from behind the frosted glass, until the show ends the announcement will keep saying they will reveal the full name of which who is acting as Kira" L said.

"That sounds like a great plan... But, there seems to be a potential problem with this plan. If Higuchi can kill by simply looking at someone's face, just like the second Kira... Matsuda will die" (Y/n) said worriedly, making Matsuda worried. "But, considering the fact that you're still alive, and how he's pursuing Misa, I doubt that's the case," Light said, trying to treasure Matsuda.

"But, in any case, we won't do this unless criminals stop dying, we'll have to wait 2-3 days, to see whether or not that happens. In the meantime, Matsuda will have to decide if he wants to go through with this plan" L said, giving Matsuda a choice to possibly sacrifice his life for the plan.

"I don't need 2 or 3 days to decide, I want to do this!" Matsuda said confidently, quickly deciding his possible fate for the team. While Light and L are happy that (Y/n) doesn't have to step in for Matsuda to take his place, they rather not risk (Y/n)'s life for something so dumb.