Chapter 5

[ 𝗬/𝗡'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

"Ken?" My eyes widens in shock to see him in-front of me

"Ken?" My eyes widens in shock to see him in-front of me. I open my mouth to speak but he immediately pulls me into a hug.

"Y/n," he says with relief in his voice, keeping me hostage in his arms. My body tenses against his, feeling taken back from his affection. I keep my arms stiff on my sides while my eyes frantically look around the room. Everyone's watching us.

"I'm sorry," he pulls away, with his hands on my arms. "It's just been a while since I've seen you and I couldn't help myself."

I give him a shy smile, not knowing what to say. "It's...uh nice to see you again," I say awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable from the eyes peering at us.

He takes notice of my eyes as he ushers me to sit back onto my seat and takes a seat right across me where Jia had sat.

"Don't worry about them," he reassures me. His eyes are in awe, still looking at me as if I wasn't real. "I've been wanting to see you, y/n. I've met up with your husband just recently. He was uh quite...something."

"I been meaning to apologize to you Ken," I blurt, wanting to take away the guilt in my heart.

"For what?" He asks, looking confused and concern.

I take a moment until I say, "For what had happened to your sister." I immediately see a glimpse of sadness in his eyes. "If she wasn't my friend, she...wouldn't have died...the way she did." I glance down as my heart breaks into pieces. "And Sarang," my voice strains. But he immediately brings his hand onto mine to comfort me. "Sarang was only just 5 years old..."

"No y/n," he softly says. "Don't blame yourself. You were a great friend to my sister. And even though she's gone, I'm glad my nephews have a mother like you."

A single tear falls down my face as I glance down in shame and sorrow for what had happened to the triplets. Ken holds my hand tighter as he hands me a napkin to wipe my tears. We stay in silence for a moment as I gather myself.

It's hard for me to get over what had happened to the triplets because part of me always blames myself for it. I guess this is why I try my best to protect them at all cost. I never want them to get hurt again.

"I've been wanting to congratulate you for all your success," he smiles at me proudly, breaking the silence. "You deserve all of it, y/n."

My heart eases and I couldn't help but smile. "Thank you," I sniffle. "I have to thank you for sparring with me and teaching me during those days with Itachi sensei."

His smile fades for some reason. "Um yeah, Itachi sensei could be a tough teacher. But he's the best. The one who taught me all I need to know."