Chapter 52

"Wammy's House isn't exactly a normal orphanage, it's more like a school for gifted children" (Y/n) informed while looking down at the newspaper. "I discovered that its real purpose is so that these kids could become the next L" Aizawa butted in, making Matsuda sweatdrop at the information.

"Apparently, the one most likely to succeed L is this kid named Near, wait, (Y/n) how did you know this information?" Aizawa questioned. "Well... My grandpa is a Co-Founder and is Watari's old friend" (Y/n) nervously said, getting surprised looks. "Anyways... We found some leads on Mello, the one N mentioned, he's smart too but he always came second to Near" Matsuda informed.

'So Near is meant to be L's successor, there is no mistake, he has to be N, he's the one commanding the SPK. As for Mello, he would've wanted to become L's successor, but he probably lost out to Near, which gives him the motive to get his hands on the notebook first. To top it off, (Y/n) seems to know about the two, I could ask her for help, but I doubt she would tell me anything' Light concluded.

"These are sketches of both of them, we couldn't find any photographs, (Y/n), do you have any?" Aizawa questioned. "Sorry, I didn't keep any when I left England" (Y/n) lied, as she doesn't want to be the cause of their death. 'L's successors... It looks like I'm still fighting L after all this time...' Light thought in annoyance.

Light quickly walks back to his room, dragging (Y/n) along to question her. When they made it to the room, Light commanded Misa to look up Mafia syndicates. While Misa does that, Light decided to question (Y/n), "my love, you know something about Near and Mello, will you join me in taking them down?" Light asked.

"Light..." (Y/n) mumbled out, turning her head away from him, "you already killed L, I'm not helping you kill them too" (Y/n) admitted. Misa suddenly gasp, cutting off their conversation, "look! I found him! I can't see his lifespan! He's number 105, they have him listed as Jack Neylon. But, his real name is Kal Snydar, he's got the notebook" Misa informed.

Light wandered back to the conference room, leaving (Y/n) with Misa, until later that night. When Light came back, Misa is dressed in lingerie, while (Y/n) is sitting on the couch, looking at her phone. "HI, LIGHT!!" Misa announced, gaining (Y/n)'s attention, "geat news! The letter arrived!" Misa informed, handing Light the letter.

On the letter, it wrong "945 Clydown Ave, Los Angele, Ca 90103", Light smirked in victory. 'I did it! I outmaneuvered both Near and Mello, guess it's no surprise. As long as I have the notebook and Misa's eyes, and (Y/n)'s love, I am unstoppable Light thought while burning the note.

Light sat next to (Y/n), wrapping an arm around her waist to pull her close to him. (Y/n) quickly closed her phone, making sure Light didn't see that she sent Mello a warning of the attack. Misa then joined the two on the other side of Light, wrapping her arm around his shoulder.

"So Light... I guess that means I was helpful to you again, doesn't it?" Misa questioned happily. "Yeah," Light said while trying his hardest not to push Misa off him. They both didn't notice (Y/n) staring behind the couch, up towards another Shinigami, who is staring back at her in curiosity.

"You can see me, can't you, human?" The Shinigami questioned, getting closer to them. (Y/n) quickly turned her head away from him, burying her face into Light's chest. "Hm? What's wrong (Y/n)?" Light asked, a little worried for the female who is acting strangely.

"It's... Nothing..." (Y/n) reassured while ignoring the Shinigami who is looking at the address. (Y/n) heaved out a sigh once the Shinigami left. "(Y/n), you know you can tell me anything, I... I love you" Light confessed with a blush, before (Y/n) could say anything, Misa butted in.

"What about me Light? Do you love me?" Misa questioned, wanting his love as well, not realizing that she made Light annoyed. "Yes... Misa, I do" Light reassured, but he didn't say the words to her, but it somehow made Misa happy anyways. (Y/n) sighed out again, mentally thanking Misa for distracting Light from the conversation.

Meanwhile, with Mello, he is on his phone with the warning text message from (Y/n), unaware of the incoming Shinigami. "The next step is to figure out how much I can control people with this thing" Mello said, as he picked up the notebook. He wasn't that worried about (Y/n)'s warning but kept it in mind.

Suddenly, the notebook flew out of Mello's hands, shocking him, his eyes following where the notebook goes. He watched it fly all the way to a Mafia grunt and dropping on his head. "The uh... The notebook just flew" Mello informed, still trying to process what he just witnessed.

"Hah, it's a notebook that kills people, hell nothing surprises me anymore," the Mafia boss said. "AHHHHHH!!" The Mafia grunt, that got smacked by the notebook, yells, falling to the floor. "Boss! Who is this?! The guy in the freaky costume! Who the hell is he?! Who brought him here!?" The Mafia grunt asked, only looking like he went crazy.

"A Shinigami?! Hahahaha!.... Eh... He said you can see him if you touch the notebook! Please! Everyone, touch it! I swear I'm not crazy!" The Mafia grunt demanded, only looking more crazy. "Fine, whatever, come on guys, touch the notebook" the Mafia boss ordered, as everyone then touched the notebook.

"AHHHHHH!!!!" They all yelled except for Mello, who only looked shocked, then everyone whipped out guns and started shooting the Shinigami. Well, except for Mello, who looked relaxed and calm about the whole thing, "nice try, you humans can't kill a Shinigami" the Shinigami informed.

Back with Light, Misa, (Y/n), and Ryuk, they are currently passing around notebooks. "Ryuk, as of now, I'm going to forfeit ownership of this notebook, all I ask is that you agree to follow whichever person I give it to" Light ordered. "What?! You're giving up ownership again?!" Ryuk questioned in disbelief.

"But wait, won't you lose all your memories if you do that?" Misa questioned, only to be ignored. "Misa, lend me your notebook, I'll keep it on me like this" Light said as he stuffed the notebook in his pants. "That way, even if I forfeit ownership of my notebook, I won't lose my memory, from this moment on, you're going to be Kira" Light instructed.

"So... Why am I here?" (Y/n) questioned, not seeing the reason for being here. "Just stick close by me, I don't want you getting in this conflict, the safest place is next to me" Light ordered. Unaware that the new Shinigami is giving Mello information Light doesn't want to leak out, along with Mello scaring the Shinigami.