Chapter 55

"Near, if you don't mind me asking, what would you make of all this? I'm interested to hear what your thoughts are on this case" the Commander said while watching Near play with some toys. "The current Kira is foolish and overconfident, not to mention unusually corroborative with the task force," Near said confidently.

"So much so, that I suspect he's working hand in hand with them, that would make the second L and Kira, one and the same person, if so... That means (Y/n) is in more trouble than I thought" Near guessed, unknowingly guessing right, while also mumbling the last part too himself. "WHAT?! That can't be, are you serious?" The Commander asked.

"Yes, I am, having said that, I'll admit that I'm only 7% certain... Don't worry Commander Rester, making assumptions is part of any investigation. If we're wrong, all it costs is an apology" Near said confidently. While the Commander looks doubtful towards what Near says.

(Y/n) is currently watching "Kira's Kingdom" in the new Japanese Task Force Headquarters. "Good evening, it's my honor to be appointed by Kira as his spokesperson. This is not a hoxes, it's the absolute truth, I've realized that there will be many people who might try to have me killed now, but..." the Spokesperson droned on.

(Y/n) sighed at the lame title, and the lame show that used to be Sakura TV. "If anyone deserves to be killed by Kira, it's this guy" Aizawa commented. "Can we please switch the channel, his voice is hurting my head..." (Y/n) groaned out, while rubbing her fingers against her temple.

"Oh, switch it back to the press conference, the President is about to start," Matsuda said in realization. "You mean the international announcement? I wonder what they're going to say..." (Y/n) said, while leaning her head against Light's chest. Matsuda then tossed an apple into the air, Ryuk skillfully caught it and stared at it.

"You don't do anything but watch TV do you?" Ryuk teased both Matsuda and (Y/n). "A wha-?" Matsuda questioned, getting quite offended by the Shinigami, and snagged the apple back. He then angrily ate the apple, while Ryuk questioned why he no longer has an apple.

"Sh you two, he's speaking" (Y/n) shushed, as the President greeted everyone. "Good morning, I'll try and keep this brief... The United States will no longer oppose Kira" the President announced. This shocked everyone except Ryuk and Light. "UGH! THOSE COWARDS!" Light shouted, pretending to be angry when in reality, he is smiling in victory.

'I've done it! I've even brought America to its knees' Light thought with a smile, but quickly hid it, by stuffing his face into (Y/n)'s hair. The cameras showed multiple angry people in the crowd, arguing and asking questions for the press, or for their own selfish desires.

"Justice? N-No, I never said that, but because of Kira, war and conflict have ceased to exist. Criminal organizations are in a state of ruin, not only in the United States but in all 3 nations! Anyone who defies Kira head-on will be killed, that is a fact. We are not acknowledging Kira as a symbol of justice, we're just saying, as a country, we'll not take any actions against him" The President informed, making Near frown.

This only made the people in the crowd madder, along with the task force. "I can't believe it, this is America! How could their government do something so cowardly like this?!" Aizawa angrily said. "Uh... Do you guys mind if I ask a serious question?" Matsuda questioned.

"Oh boy, what is it this time?" A random guy asked, as (Y/n) didn't learn their name. "Are you telling us you're not always serious?" Aizawa questioned, only to be ignored. "Do you guys ever think that maybe Kira isn't completely evil?" Matsuda questioned, shocking the 2 policemen, along with (Y/n).

"Matsuda, I understand what you're thinking, but you're wrong, Kira is nothing but a monster. He killed... He killed L, Watari... Yagami... He will never be anything but a monster in my eyes" (Y/n) announced while glaring at Matsuda. "I'm sorry (Y/n)... But I just... See both sides on what people think of Kira..." Matsuda admitted.