Chapter 62

"So Kiyomi, I heard on the news, the other day, that you receive an enormous amount of fan mail, every day" Light said while writing something down on a notepad. "Yes, I'm told on average, it's about 200 letters a day" Kiyomi revealed, while (Y/n), Matsuda, and the policeman are only able to listen to the audio.

"200 letters? Wow, I'm a little jealous" Light teased out, "man... This is kind of boring, to have audio only without any video feed" Matsuda complained. Since they have no visual, Light is able to pass notes to Kiyomi without issue, on the note, it says "Keep calm when you read the following note. Make sure not to let the people listening to this conversation detect your surprise".

"The SPK has started to make its move, we have to start thinking about your safety. Instead of only accepting messages from Kira, maybe you should consider making a few demands of your own" Light suggested surprising everyone who is listening in to their conversation.

"Seems like Light is finally getting down to business" (Y/n) pointed out, while lazily listening to the audio. "You shouldn't only be a spokesperson, your voice should be heard as well, reach out to Kira, tell him what he thinks he needs to know," Light said, as he silently passes Kiyomi another note.

On the note, it read, "there's a different job that T must do. In order to create the perfect world for Kira, I want you to punish as Kira". The letter shocked Kiyomi, forgetting to keep calm, she quickly stood up, only to be caught by Light to cover up the reaction.

"It's alright Kiyomi, I have faith in you, it's going to be okay if you can do this. I'm sure you're able to send Kira information, that you don't want the SPK to know about" Light said while hugging Kiyomi closely. "Alright... I'll do it" Kiyomi agreed, but not to what Light is telling her, but to the note he handed her. (Y/n) stared at the air in suspicion, unlike the other two who believed that Light nailed it.

That night Kiyomi called Teru like Light asked, "I have an important message for you; you are to send me a fan letter. That I'll be able to recognize as yours, you'll also inclose something else in the envelope. 5 blank pages from the notebook, carry on with your judgments and killings as usual until I received the letter and the pages" Kiyomi informed.

"And, how about after receiving them?" Teru questioned, "you have to stop using the real notebook, however, you must continue entering names in a fake notebook" Kiyomi answered, confusing Teru. "A fake?" Teru questioned, wanting more details on this plan Kira has created.

"That's right, make a notebook as close to the original as possible, and act as if you're killing people by using this decoy" Kiyomi informed in better detail. "I understand," Teru said and hung up afterward, but he is still confused about the plan, but does as ordered.

(Y/n) is once again, on Light's lap, as a way to reassure her that she won't be replaced by Kiyomi. They are watching "Today's miss Takada", which is a replacement for Kira's Kingdom. "Welcome to the show, today Miss Takada will introduce 4 new female bodyguards, who were selected after a rigorous meeting process," the TV announcer said, showing the photos and names of the 4 bodyguards on screen.

Howl Lindner seemed the most suspicious in the 4 bodyguard group, a former CIA agent. 'If there's an SPK member among these bodyguards, it would have to be Howl Lindner, looks like Near is conducting his own investigation of Takada' Light thought, while possessively hugging (Y/n) closely to his chest.

Near is in the room surrounded by CDs of people, deciding out of the many who the 2nd Kira is. As his mind couldn't find a CD, the TV program showed Teru Miskani on screen, which helps Near in his search. "I want to hear Kira's voice, I want to hear his thoughts once again, we should follow his teachings exactly as Kira ordered..." Teru said while droning on about Kira.

Near is now standing up with two CD disks in his hands while staring at Teru. 'L-Kia is Light Yagami, could X-Kira be Teru Mikami?... Everything seems to fit into place' Near thought, it's like a massive lightbulb went off in his head. He glared at the TV, determined to take down both Kiras to save (Y/n), even if he has to sacrifice people's lives.

(Y/n) is walking along the halls of NHA net to Mogi, only to stop and see Kiyomi in front of her. "G-Good e-evening..." (Y/n) mumbled out shyly, making everyone have to strain their ears to hear her. Kiyomi just gave her a brief glance and started walking away, scoffing at the idea of (Y/n) being her rival for Light's love. (Y/n) only sweatdropped, and gave a nervous laugh, "t-that wasn't very nice..." (Y/n) mumbled to herself, not noticing Lindner glancing at her.