Chapter 64

"A man on the same train as Mikami just collapsed, he was harassing a young woman and suddenly fell to the floor. It all happened after a minute he wrote something in the notebook, that's got to be it" Jivany informed while tailing Mikami. "Well, now we know for sure," the Commander said, while Near wrote down Mikami on the lego person that has X-Kira written on it.

"Yes, our next order of business is to get us close as possible to Mikami, but before we rush in blindly. There's something we need to be careful of, and that is the being known as the Shinigami" Near said, as he picked up another lego person that looks like the Grim Reaper.

"The Shinigami will be loyal to Mikami and will warn him if it discovers we're following him" Near warned. "But the Shinigami can only be seen by those people who have touched the notebook, it's going to be pretty difficult. To be careful of something we can't even see" the Commander pointed out.

"We're going to try, no matter how difficult," Near said, quite determined to win this battle. "Right, understood sir," Jivany said, as he begins to stay extra careful of staying out of view. While Near is doing his investigation, Aizawa does his own investigation by marking the bottom of a notepad.

"Light, I thought you should know, I had a private chat with Miss. (Y/n) yesterday," Kiyomi said, unaware that (y/n) is listening in. "About what?" Light questioned, hoping the conversation was nothing bad, 'Matsuda... Why do you look so happy?" (Y/n) questioned as she noticed Matsuda smiling.

"She told me that she doesn't want to be dating you, she suggested I take you" Kiyomi informed while sliding a note to Light. It read "What is Misa to you?" while Matsuda is celebrating how Light is busted. "Light's so busted! He's in the dog house!!" Matsuda said happily, "shut up Matsuda!" Aizawa yelled out, as he is getting quite annoyed by Matsuda's jokes.

"Oh? Is that so? Then we're on equal terms, she means nothing to me" Light lied while hiding his regretful expression. 'Damn... Takada, why are you like this? Driving my (Y/n) away from me, you're lucky I need you, or else I would've killed you for chasing away my Goddess' Light thought in anger.

"Nothing, you say? Why should I believe you?" Takada questioned, as she picked up the note, which stopped her from questioning Light. The note read, "She had the Shinigami eyes, during the time, I needed her powers to kill people, she soon found out I was Kira. In the end, I had no choice but to take her as my partner, it's the only reason I would choose such an annoying girl".

'So, (Y/n) is just a pawn to Light? But right now, I'm taking her place, Light had no choice with (Y/n). But, he chose me especially to help him' Kiyomi mentally reasoned with herself. "Believe me, she's nothing, you're the only one for me" Light reassured, hiding the anger and regret under a poker face.

"You're the only one for me? Is that supposed to be serious? I expected better from you, Light" Kiyomi challenged. Matsuda and the policeman argued about Light's love life, while (Y/n) moved over to Aizawa to block out their conversation. "WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP!" Aizawa shouted, quite annoyed by the bickering.

"You're going to have to prove yourself from now on Light, but I will trust you. Of course, if I find out that you're lying, you'll pay dearly, in fact, I'll tell Kira about it" Kiyomi warned. "Kira, huh? You know, I understand that the world really needs Kira right now, but I just can't help but wonder. When the day will ever come when you and I can be together" Light asked, sounding regretful.

"I can't help but hate Kira, for choosing you as his spokesperson, because it keeps us apart. I don't mind if he kills criminals, but we've done nothing wrong, we have the right to live happy lives, don't we?" Light asked as he passed Kiyomi another note.

"Yes... I want to be happy together with you, but... That could only happen, if Kira wasn't around" Kiyomi said, as she read the note out loud. "You're right if only Kira wasn't around" Light agreed, "Kira... Should be arrested" Kiyomi parroted from the note, with a smile on her face.

"It's true if you and I are ever going to have a chance, to be happy together. Kira needs to be caught" Kiyomi told Light. "Wait a minute, Kiyomi, do you seriously mean that?" Light said with a smile, happy that his plan is working out so far. "Yes," Kiyomi said confidently, "alright, but if I'm going to arrest him, I'll need your help, you'll be putting yourself in danger. After all, I'll be defying the police, and you'll be going against Kira and the entire world as well" Light warned.

"Are you sure, that's okay?" Light asked, wanting to make sure that Kiyomi thinks about her situation, to show he "cares" for her well-being. All they got was silence from Kiyomi, worrying the people listening in on their conversation, "alright... If cooperating with you, means that we can be together, then I'm prepared to make that sacrifice, Light" Kiyomi said while reading a note Light gave her.

'What a turnaround! Just what you'd expect from our guy! He was able to move the conversation from cheating on (Y/n). To getting Takada to help him!" Matsuda exclaimed happily, not noticing Aizawa giving suspicious looks to seemingly air. While (Y/n) sent a coded message to Near, using the same number Aizawa used to contact Near.