Chapter 65

"Mikami's talking to himself" Jivany informed, "what's going on?" The Commander questioned, wanting more details. "He was going too far away from me to pick up his voice, but I recorded video of his lips moving. I'm sending you the footage I was able to get, it's of Mikami during his lunch break" Jivany said, switching the TV screen to the footage.

"Show it to us one more time, in slow motion" the Commander ordered, as the video reversed and played again. "Is that you, Shinigami? That is what he said" the Commander readout. "He seems to react to a scrap of paper at his feet" Jivany informed.

"He just gave a small sigh," the Commander said while keeping a close eye on Mikami's lip movement. "At this point, he talks to himself a little more, I'm going to zoom in on his lips," Jivany said, as the footage then zooms in on Mikami. "That, Shinigami, ever since he handed me the notebook, he hasn't reappeared" the Commander readout.

"Mikami was given the notebook by one of the Shinigami, but it seems that Shinigami hasn't been following him" Near informed, unaware that the Shinigami is actually following (Y/n). "So, that's how it is," Near said, tossing a lego person into the box, and away from the checkerboard.

"I guess that's all for today, see you next time," Kiyomi said, as she leaves the hotel room. Ryuk is casually hovering around (Y/n), watching everything play out, and occasionally laughing. "Shouldn't you be following that other human?" Sebastion questioned, quite annoyed by the Shinigami following them.

"He's so boring, all he does all day is write names in a notebook, go to work, and then repeat!" Ryuk complained. "Hey Aizawa, is it alright I help you with checking out the hotel room? I want to give you some company" (Y/n) offered before Aizawa got up to leave.

"Sure, I don't mind some company," Aizawa said, as he isn't suspicious of (Y/n) telling Light of his plans. (Y/n) followed Aizawa out of the headquarters and to the hotel, staying out of sight when Light left the hotel. Aizawa then made his way into the hotel room, turning on the lights.

(Y/n) stayed by the hotel door, as she watched Aizawa make his way to the notepad. He lifted the notepad up to notice his mark on it has vanished. He quickly makes his way to another notepad, wanting to make sure he isn't jumping to conclusions, only to see that only 2 of the notepads have no marks.

He set all the notepads in one place, mentally going over what he knows so far. 'I left 4 marks, 2 of them are gone, housekeeping hasn't come in yet, and the room is left how it was before. That settles it, they're writing notes' Aizawa thought, then turning to (Y/n) with a worried glance.

"Yes? What's that? You want to meet and talk with Near in person?" The Commander questioned. "(Y/n), if you don't mind, we're going to make a quick visit" Aizawa informed, and drove off to Near's residence. The Commander opened the door, letting in Aizawa and (Y/n).

"Near! I'm so glad you're alright!" (Y/n) announced happily, quickly running over to Near to give him a hug. Near gave her a side glance, a hidden smile on his face, glad that she is alright. "(Y/n), it's good to see you again," Near said happily, but it was short-lived when she moved away from him, ending the hug.

"Mr. Aizawa, it's been a while, and it's a pleasure to meet you," Near said, turning to look at Aizawa. "I see you and (Y/n) are acquainted with each other, how come (Y/n) isn't blindfolded?" Aizawa questioned. "He doesn't have any weapons or cameras on him, along with the female," the Commander said.

"In that case, you're allowed to take off your blindfold," Near said, which Aizawa did as suggested, and took off his blindfold. When he looked at Near, he gave a surprised look, possibly imagining someone different from what he's seeing now. "Near, I believe what you said earlier, L has been meeting Takada almost every single night!" Aizawa informed.

"I know," Near said casually, his back facing Aizawa, only to focus his attention on the lego people. "Then, how about this? They are passing notes to each other, I confirmed it" Aizawa informed. "Mr. Aizawa, please don't take any unnecessary actions on your own" Near lectured, only to get a small bonk on his head.

"Near, I know you're worried about my safety, but be a little nicer to Aizawa, he's just doing what he thinks is right" (Y/n) lectured. "(Y/n), I don't want him bringing up evidence against Kira, and openly confront him, that risks your life. So I must corner him in a dead-end plan that will guarantee his defeat, and save you" Near said, giving her a worried look.

"This is what it will take, to stop him for good," Near said, as he started twisting a toy's head from side to side., the words on the toy read "Kira" on it. "Mr. Aizawa, I'm going to be blunt with you; you and the rest of the task force are already out of the picture. However, if you still want to help capture Kira, you can, all I want you to do is keep an eye on him as you've been doing" Near ordered.

"That's it? Keep an eye on him?" Aizawa questioned, as he wants to do more than just watch Light. "Yes, of course, there's certainly a purpose in watching over L. In fact, I've already taken it into account as a part of my plan. That's why I'm hoping you can help me with that respect, I want you to watch him, in order to win against Kira" Near informed.

"And after that, I want you to be a witness, to the end of Kira. (Y/n) I also want you to be a witness as well, to the best of your abilities" Near said, as he finally gave Aizawa eye contact. "I will try, but I should get going before Light figures out I'm missing from the headquarters. It's nice seeing you again... Near" (Y/n) said, giving him a smile.

"(Y/n), stay safe, and don't piss him off" Near warned, as he gently clutched onto her shirt with one hand. In his other hand, is a toy that looks a lot like (Y/n), being held close to his chest. "I will, but no promises" (Y/n) teased, trying to lighten the mood, before leaving back to the headquarters.