3. Pretty Little Mess

Alec

I'd just taken a drag from my cigarette and when I blew out a single cloud of smoke, I recognised it was her. I nearly dropped the lit bud in my hand. 

The stripper Asher requested for, turned out to be Kara.

It wasn't clear if she recognised us or not because her face remained impassive. She stepped in with an older male, his hand on her back. My eyes travelled from the guy's hand to Kara's face. Her eye makeup was a little darker and her plump lips were painted red. Taking another drag from the cigarette, my eyes travelled down her perfect body. She wore a black lingerie set and as I blew out a puff of smoke my eyes lingered on her long, well-toned legs. A little higher up, I noticed how that little piece of lace that covered her womanhood was slightly see-through. Running a hand down my face, I turned away.

What the hell?

"You have great taste gentlemen. Angel here is our best", the older male spoke. "I'll leave her to you. You won't be disappointed, I assure you."

Kara

This can't be happening.

Maybe they don't even recognise me. I doubt it. Some of them appeared shocked and most looked confused.

There are so many nightclubs around here and these guys came to a strip club? All of all strip clubs, this one. And Ben said they're important. For all I know, they could be part of a gang. Mafia. Gangster. Either of those, I believe. There was a mix of looks among them, most rebellious with piercings, tattoos, black fit and all intimidating. These boys had a certain aura to them, and it wasn't good.

It was trouble.

"Kara . . .right?", one of them with brown hair asked.

Could I just pretend to be someone else? No.

But I didn't reply. 

"Well, well, well . . . weren't expecting to see you here", I looked to find James with a wide grin on his face as he stared at me. Looks like he needs another ego kick. 

I sighed.

Just get your job done.

Walking towards the pole in the private room, I wrapped my fingers around the cold, metallic thing. I stared all of them down. Mentally, I counted around nine? If I weren't mistaken only five of them attended school today.

"I was requested at a high price, he said", a mischievous smirk crept to my lips. "What must I do to receive that pay?"

I couldn't miss the look of amusement on their faces. The majority were shocked by my character, but this was my true one. One of many.

"We changed our minds", another one with light-brown hair spoke after taking a drag of his cigarette and blowing it out. I sliced my eyes through him and his lips formed a thin line. "We'll request someone else."

"Now, why would we do that?", James argued. He ran a hand through his wild blonde hair as his eyes raked over my entire body.

"We can't degrade her like this", the light-brown hair grumbled.

"Degrade?", I questioned, faking shocked. "It's my job."

"A job that shouldn't have been yours in the first place", he retorted, his eyes boring into mine. "You shouldn't be in a place like this."