101: Hero Name (1)

Chapter 101: Hero Name (1)

Neji, Kimi and Nejire had slept really late last night. But it wasn't a problem since the next two days were off.

Neji had decided to spend the two days chilling, instead of training as usual. But he couldn't do so. His mind got agitated every time he recalled Nighteye's vision. He just couldn't rest even though he was pretty drained mentally.

So he spent the afternoon lazing around, playing some online games with Momo and Nejire, playing with Kurai with a ball, and making sure Kimi didn't slack on her job. 

The last part was a joke if anything. There were more maids in the huge mansion, and with Kimi's actual job being a bodyguard along with the fact that she was the Head Maid, Kimi rarely had to even do simple chores.

But Neji found it amusing when she couldn't read her manga. She would gladly say, this was a punishment that she didn't enjoy.

When evening came, Neji went to the huge training ground. With both Nejire and Neji studying to be future heroes, their parents had spent some bucks preparing things for them. This huge training ground was one of them. Neji couldn't train his strong techniques here, of course. It would destroy the place in seconds, so he instead trained his control here.

He was currently focusing on two things— Way of The Gold Dragon, and— Way of The White Tiger. 

Both were based on two of the four ruler monsters of the Great Forest inside the Tower Dungeon. Those beasts were really feisty in that region, so the intelligent monsters in the monster camps knew a bit about their techniques. When Mursha, the Ogre woman, had shown him some paintings from the old time, Neji got ideas to create two skill sets.

Way of the Gold Dragon is basically a long-ranged set of techniques specialising in speed.

Way of the White Tiger, however, was a set with techniques made for close-ranged absolute destruction. 

He was yet to get used to the latter, so his opponents might have died if he used it in the Sports Festival. That's why he didn't do that.

He planned to only use this against truly dangerous opponents...

Either way, he couldn't use those techniques here as that would destroy this training hall into bits. Meaning, he was left unable to use his Quirk. So, he had to work on something else…

"Erm… are you sure?" Kimi asked as she rubbed her right arm with her left hand while her tail danced around meekly behind her.

Today, Neji planned to train his physical fighting style, his reflexes and his instinct as a whole. Without using Eyes of the Lord.

Neji wore a simple black shirt and pants comfortable for a fight. Kimi wasn't in her typical maid dress, either. She wore a black sports bra and shorts and she had her hair tied in a ponytail. 

"You saw me at the sports festival already," Neji said. "Kids are not my match, and I can't get any fighting experience from them. It's time for you to use your Super Form, miss. That way, I would get my training and you wouldn't become too rusty."

Kimi hesitated still. But as she recalled how strong Neji was in the Sports Festival, she sighed and nodded.

"I guess…" She said with a deep sigh. "But, I will stop if things get too serious, for any of us. I still don't like blood, as you can tell." She said, confirming she still had her fear of blood even now. "Just don't bleed, and… I will continue training with you."

Neji nodded casually as Kimi took a deep breath in.

Then her body started to change.

Her cat ears and tail twitched, quivering, and first of all her nails started to enlarge in a pointy shape. Then her humane skin started to change in colour. In a stretched circular shape, the skin around her whole torso, from her collarbone to her lower abdomen went pale, very pale, while outside the circle her skin turned light yellowish golden. There was no fur on those parts, her skin simply changed colour. A bit of fur was only present on the side of her forearms, her spine and the back of her leg. The fur was sharp and needlely, and as they were placed straight beside each other, they worked like blades.