Vol. 1 Chapter 7: Trial

Marzim POV

I, Marzim, Archbishop of Imperium.

Originally born in slums before I become a person with high position

Before, I've used every possible means to climbed on the top from being an ordinary soldier of Imperium then accumulating combat experience for 15 years of constant war in the Ver'z continent, from 20 countries down to mere 3, after the warring states period, I became a holy Knight, a high priest before reaching the rank of Archbishop.

I am a sinner. I indulging myself on debauchery, stealing, extortion, bribery even worse killing my opponents that would jeopardized my position.

I keep my sinful life until the goddess came to my dreams and completely reformed me. Then she ordered me to completely destroy the current corrupt system of the church and the disgusting norms of this world like slavery and discrimination on the sub-humans. Thus here I am now, gathering strength to fight the current system lead by the pope--He is an absolute piece of scum humanity ever seen even far worse than my former self.

It's near Impossible to kill him due to various ancient items that protecting him from any harms and even if I'm lucky to kill him, someone will likely gonna take his place and I guarantee that person will be also a piece of shit like him.

Right after I completed my reorganizations. I managed to gathered 8 heroes as my allies for the upcoming revolution. I intend to kill the pope and every corrupt officials of church in one go and install decent one's for the greater good of the world. However, the goddess conveyed an oracle that a berserker hero is coming--Berserker heroes are extremely powerful in the battlefield as more damage they accumulate the stronger they became not to include they are virtually immortal as long as they have mana to regenerate their lost limbs or even head as long as it's not been carbonized by the likes of fire and void elements.

Upon orders, I travelled towards the territory of Count Burduex in hope to recruit this powerful hero in my ranks. But in my surprise the hero that should be in the village and should bare in witness on the brutal death of her families and friends thus awakening the powers inside her, but currently I'm questioning myself what's this? why are they in the gates of the fortress city Burduex? Why they are here? This is no good I should send her back even it pains me--She must be awakened no matter what.

I ordered the use of ancient item that could control the consciousness of the people in the vicinity. It had also memory manipulation ability thus making a very useful tool to reduced the witnesses without physically getting rid of them.

I intend to control them and return them in the village with some revisions before a catastrophe happened--we the forces of church save her and the villagers, so she will owe us nevertheless someone are able to resist the ancient item, a person that almost 2 meters tall. It felt like he is not a living thing, the mannerisms are also quite refined is he possibly an aristocrat? Additionally, strangely speaking he doesn't felt scared or backing down on the immense pressure emanating from the holy knights, what kind of nerve he got?

I send off Adel to measure his abilities and unexpectedly he managed to play around with Adel despite being my right hand man. Even with the limiter release. Adel can't lay a finger on this person at all, so I decidedly use peaceful means to have this person backed down but he shot me down. Questioned him a little more then what he said next surprised me "Because I already defeated it" he arrogantly said that he defeated a high orc king.

"....Prove it to me then. Let's duel" I unconsciously muttered then followed immediately by my subordinates which protesting "Archbishop you shouldn't!" "That person is dangerous!"

"Enough!" I silence them and stared on the person who looked surprised with a expression as if saying 'are you sure?' unexpectedly this youngster thinks I'm just an old fool that climb in ranks of Imperium with such soft experience.