Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys

Enjoy......xo

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Three ~ ~

Groaning I brought my arm up and over my eyes to block out the light to try and get some more sleep – which was working until something moved alongside me making my eyes jolt wide open and turning my head I almost screamed but stopped myself.

Jumping up into a sitting position I looked down at a bare back and then the memory of me getting cold last night and coming in here flooded me. Groaning again I flipped my blanket off, I was starving and needed something to eat so I quietly left the tent and stretched once I was outside.

“Good morning!” a cheery voice cried out.

Turning to my left I could see a blonde haired boy about my age waving at me so I waved back and walked over to the jeep. Climbing into the driver’s seat I turned around so I was kneeling on it as I rummaged through my bag of food that I had brought along with me.

Finding a bag of potato chips I turned and sat back down again opening them up. It’s not exactly a healthy breakfast but I had only packed snacks not proper food. Eating my chips slowly as I stared out at the blue morning sky and around the place I noticed a sign near some trees which was pointing in the direction of a lake.

Grinning I climbed out the car and took a step forward before stopping and frowning at the tent. Should I wake him and tell him where I'm going? Probably not, he’s naturally a cranky person so I'm guessing he’s even crankier in the mornings, besides he can just follow my scent.

Stepping out from the trees I smiled as I looked around, the lake wasn’t that big but it was beautiful and surrounded by trees. There was a small sandy shore running around it and a wooden floating platform out in the middle of the water.

“Hey again!”

Turning to my left it was that same blonde boy from just before but this time he was with three others and not one of them was wearing a shirt and I must admit – they were pretty good looking. Get a grip Eva! Since when have you been a perv? I shouted at myself.

“Hey,” I called back as I made my way down to the water’s edge, the smell of eggs and bacon that they were cooking drifted over to me so I shoved another chip in my mouth. When Saxon gets up I'm making him get me a yummy breakfast.

“How long are you staying here for?”

Jumping a little I cursed myself for thinking too much about my breakfast I was going to get rather than keeping my senses alert as I turned to face the same blonde boy.

“Not long, just camping overnight,” I smiled slightly and took a step back. This guy seriously needed to learn personal space and he noticed this with a small smirk.

“So you’re the one who pulled in last night?”

“Well done captain obvious,” I muttered with an eye roll.

He ignored my sarcasm with another question, “You alone or with someone then?”

“With someone,” I muttered as I dipped my toes into the water and smiled at the surprising warmth for so early in the morning. Sighing softly, I wouldn’t mind staying here for a swim but I have to wait for sleepy head to get up. Maybe I should just go wake him after all?

“Another hot girl?” he grinned as I frowned at him.

“No, my male friend.”

“Oh well, did you want to play a game of football?” he asked eagerly.