Chapter 16

3rd Person's POV

As everyone was panicking, Mirabel tried to help as much as she could. Even Dolores, Camilo and Isabela are trying to help evacuate the people. "Where's Mama and the others?" Mirabel asked when she happened to stumbled to Isabela. "Luisa went to get them" Isabela said and went to the people they rescued. Mirabel let another sigh and went to the next house. 'Wait what if Papa or Tio Bruno forgot Cesar? Yes, he's a bad guy but I don't want any of them die' the thought crossed Mirabel's mind and she shook her head to focus.

"ANYONE HERE?" Mirabel asked out loud and turned the fire off by her water. She wondered around the house while being careful to the woods that might fell any second. "ANYONE?" she shouted once again when she finished turning off the fire.

"Help!" she heared a boy said in the distance, she went there and saw the boy laying on the ground. Mirabel analyzed the situation they are in. "Can you move? Are you hurt?" she asked him and started walking towards him. "Ah yes I'm fine but I can't walk-" both of their attentions went to the creaking sound above them. 'No' Mirabel thought as she immediately used her air when the burned ceiling gave up. When she finally got to support the ceiling, she immediately ran to the boy and lifted him on the other hand. "Don't worry, I'll definitely get you out of-" her attention went above them. Her gift................ dissapeared.

This surprised her but thank goodness she zoned back in and managed to save the both of them. 'Eh? What happened?' she thought to herself and immediately ran outside of the house. "Are you okay, boy?" she asked the boy who looked traumatized of what just happened. "I-i'm fine. Thank you, Ms. Mirabel" this made Mirabel smile. She went to the evacuation site and dropped the boy there carefully. As soon as she went there, some woman came rushing to them that looks like the mother of the child. The mother hugged the boy tightly and cried. "Thank goodness. Thank you, Mirabel" Mirabel smiled at them and went to the scene to look for more people. Since accident happens, the collapse from earlier managed to graze her.

Mirabel's POV

"Shit what happened to my gift" I thought and went to Isabela and Camilo when I saw them. "Hey, are you guys okay?" I asked them. "Yeah, but my gift disappeared" Isa said and ran a hand through her hair, signaling that she's stressed. Well we all are. "Mine too. Did Luisa came back with the others already?" I asked them but Camilo shook his head and went around to look for his sister.

I 'tch' and ran towards Casita. I tried to turn the fire off again by my water and though some of the water came out, I failed to turn off the fire. 'Wait the candle!' I looked at Abuela's room and even the candle is gone. Did Abuela already get it? Seconds later, I finally saw Mama and the others. I ran to them and hugged them. "Thank goodness you're okay, mi vida" Mama said and kissed my cheek. "You too Ma, Pa". Papa smiled at me and then I saw Tio Felix carrying the crying Antonio with his animals running around and Tia Pepa beside him.

I sighed heavily and smiled at them. 'Atleast they're okay' I thought when Abuela came out with Luisa escorting her and Tio Bruno with his rats and other things. Surprisingly, he ran up to me and hugged me. "My niece, are you okay?" Tio really do love me like her own daughter^_^. "Yeah I'm fine, Tio. Just got few grazes that's all" I said and I broke the hug.

Luisa dragged me a few meters away from them and whispered something at me. "My gift is gone" she said and I just nodded. "Looks like everyone's gift is gone" That answers why Tia doesn't have clouds above her right now despite being stressed .I went to them and was about to escort them to the evacuation site when I noticed something behind these smokes caused by fires.

Some men is walking towards us. "Who is that?" I asked Luisa. She looked at me and to where I'm looking. Seconds later some men with....... horses appeared with torches in their hand. "Finally.... the Madrigals" the man in the middle said. This made me angry after knowing that they are the one who did this to our village. I was about to say something when someone ran and went to the men while looking- more like glaring at me. "You dare leave me there! I was about to die!" Yeah, that someone is Cesar. His shirt is burned and he have some visible wounds. "I thought you freed him" I said to Papa and he just looked at me innocently. "Uhm, no" I just scoffed and looked back at them. "You know him?" I heard Abuela asked me but I ignored her. "Glad to see you alive, Cesar" I sarcastically said and he just looked at me and smirked. He showed us his hand and he have— the CANDLE!

-----/---------/---------/--------/--------/---------/

I hate school😃