Part 43

The day after the party, she had spent it busy with work and university along with the thoughts of Hassan. She kept thinking about it the whole day. She was wrong. She had never spent time with him after their Nikkah. It was his right to spend time with his wife and she never fulfilled it. She had no feelings for him. She never prioritised the relationship nor thought about it, rather only stayed busy with university and work. She should meet him and work on her relationship. It works both ways.

It was about 11 p.m. She was laid on her bed, in her thoughts. Her thoughts were disturbed by a phone call. The screen said 'Hoor bhabhi'. She picked it up, confused.

"Salam bhabhi, how are you?"

"Alhamdulillah, you?"
"Fine."
" Wania api's nikkah date got fixed for 2 days later with Ayaan bhai. If you're free can you go shopping with me tomorrow? Wania Api didn't want to, neither did she want to invite many relatives so it's us who have to do it."

Raima thought about it. She had her class in the morning but she can take a break from work in the evening and go.

"Yes bhabhi but can we go to our in laws' house after shopping?" Raima asked. She wanted to meet Hassan.

"Yeah sure. I'll pick you up after my duty." They talked for a few moments and cut the call.

—------------------------------------------------

The stars were shining, there was no moon in the sky. He looked at his phone again, but there was no text or call. He smiled sadly and sighed. He did not matter to her. It's been a whole day he'd been waiting for a text but there was none. He knew he'd hurt her, he would apologise but he just wanted to know if he was somewhere in her life or not. He knew he had started to fall for her. But he'd never said it directly except for one time when he was just teasing. Will she call him? He looked at his phone again. It was empty. He turned it off. It was better to sleep than wait for someone who doesn't care.

—----------------------------------

The door knocked and receptionist entered with a smile. Hoor knew what this smile meant. She didn't need to tell her anymore. Hoor nodded and the receptionist left.

Ahil came back from the patients and sat in his chair, and called  Dr Hoor. When he was done with patients and hospital, and came to his office, he always called her at that time. He checked patients in the other cabin. In this one he did his personal work, along with discussing the files with patients but no check up.

She was about to leave when Hamza entered and then she got busy and forgot about Dr Ahil. About 20 minutes later, Ahil stood up and decided to check why she didn't come. He was far away when he saw Hamza leaving the room. He fisted his hands and clenched his jaw. With steady and fast steps, he went to her and entered without knocking and closed the door. Hoor's eyebrows scrunched but then widened realizing he'd called her and she forgot. He was glaring at her with a clenched jaw. Hoor stood up.

"I am sorry sir I forgot." She mumbled.

"May I know why you forgot?"

"I- I was working."

"Why is it that you're always working with Dr Hamza, Dr Hoor?" He gritted his teeth.

"No We - we were discussing a file. He came like 15 minutes ago so..."

'Ya Allah ye kal ka badla lerhy hain...Ya Allah inhy koi important call ajaye... inhe lejayen yaha se Allah.'

(Ya Allah he is taking yesterday's revenge...Ya Allah may he get an important call...take him away Allah..)

"I want you in my office, right now. Understand Dr Hoor?" He said angrily.

"Y-Yes sir." She mumbled. He glared at her one last time and left.