2: Waking Nightmare

No. No. No.

She was dead. He killed her. Whatever brought him here killed her.

She's not breathing. No. No.

It's all his fault. There are other people. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. There are 5.

No one touches them. No one. He can't let them die.

They're hitting him. Someone shoots him but it misses, just grazes his leg. He smashes the guy's head into the wall and there's blood. They don't shoot him again.

Days pass. So many days. He's so hungry. It hurt. Like his insides are eating themselves and it hurts so much but there's no food because if he eats they'll starve everyone and no one else can die. No. No one can die.

There's a person standing over him but his chest is doing the weird thing and his powers aren't behaving and he's going to kill someone and no one can die. The person gets closer and he feels the world slip away and his suit isn't helping and-

Sanyu woke up panting heavily in a cold sweat. The sudden change in his heart rate set off an alarm and suddenly the room was flooded with nurses and doctors.

"Are you alright?" One asked. Sanyu nodded.

"I'm fine, doctor. Just wasn't expecting to wake up is all." He assured her. "Am I in the hospital?".

"Yes. You were asleep for five days." The doctor said, "Do you remember what happened?".

"There was a firefight, I felt faint and someone with-" He stopped himself. Everything he had been told said he should tell them everything. Hospital staff needed to know that stuff. But what if the man was a hallucination? What if Sanyu had just seen a fake angel?

"Keep going." The doctor prompted as nurses filed out of the room. They had checked his vitals and everything was stable.

"Someone, a man with wings saved me. I passed out in his arms." Sanyu finished as instructed.

"Do you know who the winged man was?" The doctor said, a smile on her face.

"Hawks? One of the hostages mentioned he was a hero.". "Correct! The number three hero was the one who saved you. At least your brain seems alright.".

"I heard 'Hawks', 'brain' and 'alright', I hope you aren't calling me stupid to my favorite patient, doctor." A voice called out.

He was just like Sanyu remembered him. Blond, windswept hair and bright red wings. Now that he had a closer look he could tell they weren't tech. They were biological. One of the hostages had a so-called 'quirk' like that. She had purple skin and gem-like eyes.

"Welcome to the world of the living kiddo. You got a name?" The man asked with a wide smile.

"Oyama Sanyu, sir." The boy replied. He tried to sit up to greet the man but was stopped by restraints at his leg and wrists.

Restraints he didn't know he was wearing.

When he realized only one of his legs was restrained, immediately his posture shifted. There was a flash of bright light and the cuffs clattered to the ground. Sanyu threw the thin sheet off, uncaring that he ripped out his IV and several monitors in the process.

"Where is it?" He asked, his voice threatening, "What did you do to me?".

Keigo was shocked. One second he was this doe-eyed, sleepy teenager the next he looked so angry. There was a healthy dose of betrayal in those steel grey eyes. Damn. He had lost his bet with Dr. Tenma then. He was sure they'd be brown.